Chapter Twenty-Three

Mary Jane's POV.

"What the hell! Harris too? Is this some kind of a reunion with the f*cking guys who betrayed me?!"

"CAN YOU JUST CALM DOWN?!"

s i l e n c e

"We have a visitor here and you morons just keep on fighting over little things!–"

"F*ck everything!" Sebastian cussed and threw his cigarette on the white marble tile and stomped it. I feel like I don't belong here. It's like hell, with an angel. "Sit down, Harris. We'll discuss things properly without any violence." Adriana said and let out a frustrating sigh and faced everyone.

"All I want is a peaceful dinner with you guys, just a simple thing, right? But the three of you can't even do it right!"

"M-Miss... S-Should we serve the main course already?" a young-looking maid said, interrupting the fight between this guys. "Sure. We don't have any time left since we have a guest that has a curfew to catch on." the maid nod and walk inside the kitchen. I glanced at Harris, still surprised from his presence. I feel weird about everything around me.
"I'm so sorry Jane for everything you've seen tonight. Let's just brush everything off and enjoy this lovely night." Adriana said, calmly. I hope so.

-

After dinner, we all just stayed in the dining room to tell something about our day. Sebastian here seem so grumpy again, well, he always is. I don't understand why. Harris on the other hand, said he was fine. He's not studying anymore, he chose to help his family, which I don't understand why too. The other guy earlier, named Peter, was Adriana's cousin on the Father's side, he seem harmless, and gentle. This family is very confusing, but seem fun to be with.

"How about you, Jane? How's the travel with Sebastian?"

I jolted and glanced at Sebastian at the opposite of my chair. He's staring at me, still looking a little bit grumpy. I glanced back at everyone and let out just a little sigh, "I-It's fine.. Nothing bad happened... A-And he introduced me to one of his f r i e n d." emphasize that word. That's freaking moment when I was all alone and they just talk with bunch of stuff and not asking how my feelings was! Gee.. I really feel so weird.

"Oh, really? Who is it? I never thought Sebastian can consider someone as his f r i e n d."

Adriana giggled and Sebastian just rolled his eyes, "It's Eva, you dumbshit." he said and surprisingly walked out of the dining area.

"Just let him, he'll just cool down and he's back at his uncool self. So, Jane, What made you come with Sebastian?" Adriana asked

"Come on, don't act like you don't know that guy. He's very demanding, he can force anyone to come with him with some purpose or shit. As if he's the boss, the most powerful of us all, but it's not him, it's Mr. Marquez" Harris said

"Yeah, I truly agree. But, why a girl like Jane? What does he need to you?" Peter asked.

Gee... I'm also starting to form questions in my mind! Why? Why me? It can be anyone, but why me?

"Well, only Sebastian knows why her instead of somebody. Let's not think of something else. What matters is Jane's a nice girl and can really be a great friend." Adriana said and I suddenly feel that my face is warming up. Did she just compliment me? Gosh. "Yeah, sure she is." Harris said and I just smiled.

"We're going. You all turning her head big." Sebastian suddenly showed up and grabbed my wrist.

What did he just said?

"Woah. Bro! Don't talk like that to her!" Peter said and stood up, "Don't you f*cking say another f*cking word. Come on, Jane, we're going now." he said and started to drag me.

"Peter, just let him."

"But he's hurting her! We can just at least help her! For f*ck sake! Adriana!"

"Just let him."

Their voices echo around the place until it all stopped as I get inside Sebastian's car. I don't understand why.

Sebastian also got in the car and let out a frustrating sigh and grab another stick of cigarette in the compartment. He looks more stress than I am. How unfair.