Chapter Seventeen

4:30 AM

I can't sleep. I can but it took like twenty minutes and within that time, I only closed my tired eyes. Nothing. I feel empty.

I got up and went to the balcony. It's still raining, the surroundings is still dark, it's quiet, all you can hear is the rain hitting the surface. I sigh and sat down on the ground. I stare at the darkness, which I know are the trees located. I glanced at my left side and I saw some opened lights at the Guy's Dorm. Well, maybe someone's scared of the dark.

"...Because of extreme anger, he killed her, Jane."

"Jane."

I jolted and glanced beside me. "Sorry, did I startled you?" she asked and sat beside me. "A bit.." I said and glanced at our dark surroundings. "So, how's your day?" she asked.

My mind's empty. I don't know what to respond. My mind's a void.

"It's.. Fine... How about you? D-Do you have any friends now?" I asked, hiding everything.

"I didn't came out since you left, and I spent my time sleeping." she chuckled and I smiled, a bit.

"You're really quiet." I glanced at her and she looked at me, awkwardness began to fill in our atmosphere, "Is it.. Is it bad??" I stutter and just stare at her flawless, Italian face, "No, it's kinda bit disturbing. But, maybe I'll get used to it since you are my roommate" she smiled and rest her head on my shoulder. I feel warm, a little comfortable too. A little safe place.

Sebastian's POV.

Earlier...

"LET ME GO YOU, SCUMBAGS! I WILL KILL EVERYONE IN THIS ROOM! EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU!"

"Just shut up, asshole. Fuck that killing shit!"

Bullshit. I hate this place. "Piece of shit!" that fucking guy who just got into the prison yelled. Officer Stones went at my cell and examine the old timer. "What about him?" I asked, "He killed his second wife and use of illegal drugs." he said and just look at the guy. "Sounds fun." I said and he suddenly glared at me, "Eat a crap, Sebastian. You'll gonna miss this jail once you get out from here" he said and laughed.

"Nah, maybe I'll come here every week." I said, it's either a fact or a joke. But I think it's coming true.

"Grow old, man. Mr. Marquez almost blow your brain here earlier."

"I know. Why can't he just kill me right here, right now. Why can't he just fucking kill me?!" Officer Stones and some cops looked at me, "Are you really this stupid? He can't kill you because he loves you, you fool. Stop pissing your Dad off, man. You're still in a young age, I understand, but man, you really need the right girl to show you how life really is"

"That's bullshit. I don't need a serious relationship."

"Okay, okay, fine. Just sayin'"

Fuck everything! Why am I still fucking alive! I should be dead by now! Why is he taking it too long to kill me?! WHY NOT NOW?!

"You have a visitor." I glanced at the other cell and saw a guy around 20's looking at the old timer earlier. I can see how angry he is.

"S-Stephen... I'm.. I'm really so-" he was cut off when the guy suddenly kicked the cell, "You fucking asshole! Don't you have a heart?! MY MOM TOOK CARE OF YOU AND THIS IS HOW YOU PAY HER?!.... Guess what? Mary Jane came home..." I froze when I heard that name. It can't be her. No.

"She even file another case for you. YEAH, RIGHT! YOU DESERVE IT, YOU FUCKING JERK! I HOPE YOU DIE IN THERE!"

"Okay, sir, that's enough." cops began to calm him down went inside the office. I glanced at the old man and he's really really scary to look at. His fist were clenched and at that kind of body, a strong punch is not enough.

"Mind if I ask, who is Mary Jane?" I said, out of no where. I hope he respond properly. "Who cares about that bitch." he said and squat down, holding those bars, as if he can break them. Damn. I must be out of my mind. There are a lot of Mary Jane in this town. I really need some break.