Chapter Twenty-One

"I.. I'm sorry." he said and face palm. He sigh and started the engine, "Let's just go."

The whole trip is really quiet, and only the smooth engine makes it noisy. I don't know where we're heading now. I don't want to talk to him, maybe I'll make him mad again.

But it really bothers me...

"A-Are you okay?"

Those words slipped out of my mouth. It really really bothers me, and I'm spending all of my time today with this guy and only to have an unexpected awkward tension around us. No. I don't want to spend my time in a situation like that.

"Yeah. Just.. Forget about what I've done. Okay? I don't want to discuss any of it."

I just nod and just let this silence takes us.

---

"At the beach..?"

"Yeah. And I want to meet someone here, and after that we'll go to Adriana's house then... I guess go at your house.." he said and I quickly looked at him

"W-Why?"

"Don't make me stupid, Jane. Just go on with it. Don't think that I'm doing this because of pity. I'm doing this because I want to." he said

I was about to say another word- that I know will make him pissed off again, easily, but I just shut my mouth. He's doing this because he likes to? What is that even mean? And he knew about what happened? Well, of course! He's just behind me earlier when Mrs. Benedict mention about visiting dead people. Gee.. I just sat on the flowerbeds and watch Sebastian walking towards the shore.

4:30 PM

My time says. And I love how beautiful this sunset on my horizon. It's so peaceful, and what made more peaceful is seeing a guy, looking so calm as he play with those waves like a kid. How adorable. I froze when a blonde thin girl suddenly walks toward Sebastian, and Sebastian here noticed her quickly so he too went towards the girl. I don't recognize the girl, but both of them do know each other, as you can see how they hug, smile and how Sebastian's eyes glow. It's like a rare moment to see a guy, someone like Sebastian, smile so wide. But it stings.

I stood up back on my feet and went in a ice cream shop just beside the beach. I ordered cookies 'n cream flavored and sat where I can still see both of them. "Ah. That young Marquez." I jolted and glanced on one of the shop's staff, "You know him, Sir?" I asked, "I knew him since he's little. Oh boy, he really changed a lot now. Even that Eva, the girl he's with." he said and smiled, still gazing at them. So her name is Eva.

"A-Are they related to each other? Or.."

"I don't know, but all I know is they're best of friends since they're little, and also, Sebastian fell in love with Eva, but that's all I know and just bunch of rumors around here."

I nod and glanced back at them.

It really sting. As hell.