Chapter Forty-Three

I sighed and look at Sebastian outside the Villa. He's talking to someone on his phone and it seems serious. It's five in the morning and his face is all wrinkled up already. How horrible. I glanced back at the people around me and gave them a pale smile, but all they returned to me is a worried face.

"It was like yesterday when both of you was fine, and Sebastian was really really happy, and now, he seems problematic once he answered that phone call." Peter said and crossed his arms

I sighed and rest my head on the sofa. "I don't know what's happening but we'll get through it eventually." I said and all of them nod. "Who is he talking to, anyway?" Destiny asked and I glanced at her, "I think it's Jeric." I said then I noticed that Drake and Peter looked at each other. I felt weird all the sudden.

"What about it?" Beatrice asked looking at me

"I don't know. I woke up with him and the next thing I knew is that he's rushing downstairs." I said and closed my eyes.

I never felt this tired in my whole damn life. The fact that I'm only nineteen and will turn to twenty for the next couple of months. We are on the adulting stage and yet we act like kids, well some of us.

"Do you think Redwoods' safe now?" Destiny said, breaking the silence

"Yes, of course. It was the safest place around the woods. It was like a sanctuary, according to Mrs.Benedict and I guess, she's right." Beatrice said and it made me curious

"What do you mean?" I asked

"Okay. I'm gonna tell you something I never told to anyone before but only Mrs. Benedict...."

"...I saw one time the school records and everyone, literally everyone has the same reason why they chose Redwoods. Ones said for escape, some said for safety and most of it now are to forget. So, for me, before they came to Redwoods, they had a life they don't want to tell, and so, they found a sanctuary. A place for them, a place to fit in."

A sanctuary...

Yeah, it was. It certainly was a sanctuary. I never thought of that before.

"Mind blown." Drake said and chuckled.

"S-So, that's why you came to Redwoods, too? To escape something?" Peter suddenly asked and tension build up. Beatrice looked at him, fiercely. So I just remembered Peter and I talked about.

"No. I'm not a coward to escape something." Beatrice said and it made Peter a little mad. I stood up and face the both of them, "Why are you like that? You used to be-"

"Stop it. Stop bringing that shit up! Why can't you just let go and move on?!" Beatrice yelled and Destiny, Drake and I jolted.

"How can I fucking move on when I'm still into you?!" Peter yelled back

The sliding door squeaks open and Sebastian came in, "Okay, what the fuck is going on?" he said calmly but in an annoyed tone. We all looked at him then Beatrice suddenly storm upstairs. Peter was about to go after her but Drake hold him. He nod and glance at Sebastian, "I don't want you guys fight. In the end of the day, both of you should get along." Sebastian said and sat at the sofa. He grab me at my waist and pulled me that made me sit on his lap. I was about to stood up but he's grabbing me tightly, again! I feel like he's mad or something. He's holding it in again.

"I'll talk to her. You guys just do your thing." Destiny said then went upstairs.

Peter and Drake sat on the sofa and stare at us. I'm so embarrassed because I was never like this in front of anyone, but Sebastian here doesn't care at all if the two guys uncomfortably stare at us.

"What was that call all about?" Drake said

Sebastian looked at him in a bored look and sighed, "Oh, you know. Something I don't want to tell." he said and it made Peter's forehead wrinkled, "What do you mean? Stop acting suspicious, Sebastian." Peter said and Sebastian looked at him. His grip to my waist suddenly tightens and it made me stood up, "I... uh... I'm going to take a shower..." I said and walk away, not looking at Sebastian.

It hurts like hell. What is he up to again this time? I'm starting to misunderstand him again.

As I got to my room, I crashed myself at my bed and groaned. I'm not expecting something like this. Everything is confusing. School will continue soon then it's Christmas time. I hope Sebastian will do fine as days go by.

"Jane? I thought you're going to take a shower?"

I sat up and saw Sebastian. I stare at him for a moment then sighed, "L-Later then, I guess..." I said and lay down again not minding him in my room. I heard the door closed so I'm guessing he went out but no. He's still there, standing, staring at me. I closed my eyes and grab the pillow beside me, still not minding Sebastian.

"Hey. Why didn't you tell me that your stepdad was in jail?"

My eyes widened and slowly glanced at him. How did he know? Is that the phone call all about? How? Why? What the heck!

"I met him in jail but I didn't realize he's your stepdad. I didn't know."

I sat up at faced him, "I-It's not something to talk about..." I said

"If I told you that your cousin, Stephen, was working against my Father, would you tell me?"