Chapter Forty

6:30 AM

I didn't slept anymore since last night. I just can't wait for it. I woke up early than Drake and Destiny then made my way to the Hospital.

I was walking on the isle when I saw four armed men standing in front of Sebastian's room. No one came in my mind so I didn't hesitate to look who it is. I quickly walk towards the door when the guards suddenly blocked my way that surprised me.

What are they doing? Are they even allowed here?

"You are not allowed to go inside." the guy on the left side said

"W-What? Why?! My friends are inside!" I said starting to get annoyed.

The door suddenly opens showing up a man in suit. I was examining his face and he... looks like Sebastian.

"What's going on here?" he asked, looking at me furiously, "S-Sebastian." I mumbled and the way he look at me suddenly softens.

"He's inside, Dear. Are you his friend?"

That dang question again. But this time, I know what to answer. "I'm his girlfriend, S-Sir." I said without hesitation and he froze while staring at me, "S-Sebastian's... girlfriend? He didn't told me he's been hooking up with some girls like you." he chuckled then look at my appearance from head to toe. I felt like something stung my heart.

"I don't know why, but I guess you are the one who needs something from him. Is it the money? I will let you take everything you want, besides, he doesn't need those anymore." he said then walked away left me hanging with questions. Why are they always say those things to him? It's fine for me to be mistreated, but Sebastian is his own son!

I suddenly felt tears pouring down again. It hurts.

"J-Jane."

I slowly glanced at the left side of the isle, my sight is blurry but I can still recognize who he is, "D-Drake..." I said and wiped my tears using the back of my hand. I sighed and forced a smile. He looks mad, and worried. I can see on his face.

"Did Dad hurt you? Did he... Did he tell you something?" he asked as he grab my arms softly

"I-It's nothing, Drake-"

"I know my Dad, Jane. What did he tell you?" I can sense how pissed he is now. His grip is starting to get tight.

"D-Drake-"

"What the fuck are you doing?"

I froze and slowly glanced at the door in front of us. It's Sebastian!

Emotionless was painted on his pale face while looking at Drake. Tubes are no longer attached to him. Which made me relieved but made me more worried and scared about the tension building between Drake and Sebastian.

Drake slowly put his arms down, but still looking at him. Sebastian went beside me and grab me on my waist that pulled me closer to him. Peter and Beatrice then got out the room carrying some bags. "What's happening here?" Beatrice asked and glanced at Sebastian and Drake. "I don't know. Ask Drake. I think he got some problem." Sebastian said and pulled me along as he walk away with me. I glanced behind us and the three of them are talking. I sighed and glanced in front.

I jolted as I felt Sebastian's cold arms intertwining to mine.

"I can now finally do this." he said and chuckled. My face felt warmed. But then I remember what his Dad said earlier.

...girl like you?

"Hey, you're spacing out, Jane. What's wrong?" he snapped me out of my trance. "N-Nothing. Just tired, I guess. How's your condition?" I quickly asked and got out of the building.

"Oh, the doctor said that I'm going to have my next therapy after two months. For the meantime, I will just rest and as much as possible eat healthy and right food. Well, you know that we can rest together." he said and winked at me which made my face warmer and turn to pink. I sighed awkwardly and glanced at the entrance of the hospital, waiting for our friends to come out.

"I'm gonna take care of you." I mumbled

"What's that? Are you saying something?" Sebastian said and pulled me closer to him that made me look at his face.

"I said, you're being annoying!" I said and look away. I heard him chuckled and he then placed his heavy hand on top of my head, "That's not what I heard-"

"Jane! Sebastian!" Peter called out and we both glanced at them. They are now getting closer to our place, at the parking lot.

"Destiny cooked lunch for us. Let's go home." Peter said and went inside the van. "Come on now, Sebastian." Beatrice said and slide the door for him. "Stop treating me like I'm a kid here." he said and pulled me along until we got inside the van. Drake then followed us both at the passenger seat while Beatrice was sitting on the shotgun seat. Which means, I was between Sebastian and Drake. I don't like this.

-

I feel so uncomfortable until we got at the Villa. Sebastian is resting in the living room with Peter, Destiny is arranging Sebastian's things upstairs while me, Beatrice and Drake are getting the table ready.

It was hella awkward when I remember what Drake did earlier.

"I'll just put this on the table-" I cut off Beatrice and hand out my hand for her, "Let me help you." I suggest but she shook her head, "Help Drake with the other plates." she said then left and that made me confused, "We're only six, why do we need a lot of plates?" I asked and help Drake with the other plates by wiping them dry.

"Dad's coming over."