Azure's Billionaire.

She regained consciousness with the hope that it really was all over and she was in heaven. She hoped that God and his angels picked the most cruel punishment for her father. However, what she really wanted to do, was to get up, look for her mother and report what a bad man her father had been.

She tried to move her body but she simply couldn't because she had been handcuffed.

Realization dawned on her that she didn't go to heaven, she had been bad to her father by stabbing him and as so was sent to hell to suffer.

She started trashing about not caring that her body was still very sore from all her surgeries. She didn't know that she had been out for over 12 weeks already and had been in and out of at least five major surgeries, six minor ones and a lot of simple stitches.

She let out a screech when the pain finally started to kick in. She fought the darkness that caused her eyes to remain closed and opening them, she saw an aesthetic face with bonny looking lips trying to calm her down with soothing words.

He had taken a step forward and she screamed once again not wanting anyone close to her. She trashed some more allowing the friction between her skin and the cuffs to bring her more pain. She wanted over. She couldn't do it anymore. She just wanted to die and get everything over with.

"Leave! Get me Doctor Tony. You couldn't be of any help here anyways." The nurse who was frozen and terrified by her sudden movements and outburst scrambled out of the room quickly to get a doctor at Nick's command.

In the midst of her fright, Ruth managed to think that his voice was simply divine. She felt like she could relax by simply hearing the voice, to her it was silky and comforting.

"Who are you? " she managed to let out through her sob, not believing that she was safe.

Nick Corner couldn't believe that she was awake

Nick Corner couldn't believe that she was awake. That night, he had abruptly put his car to stop once he saw the figure in front of him. He was frustrated at a deal gone wrong at work and was ready to lash out on whoever the fuck decided that road strutting should be done by this time of the day. Once he saw the face of the woman falling to the floor however, he froze. He couldn't believe that someone would literally decide to beat up someone looking so frail up to this extent.

He saw her collapse on the floor, she was bleeding from different parts of her body, her face was a wreck and she had passed out . He felt weak at the sight of her and all he could think of, besides using all his resources to get her well, was beating the fucker that made her look this way. Carrying her slowly, he tuck her in his car and silently drove to the hospital.

She had been rushed into the emergency room immediately she was brought in and being the multi billionaire he was, he had asked for the best services for her and even reserved the entire floor for her so she could move there once she was stable enough to be moved to a room. He asked for the strongest of his guards to mount different positions and ensure nothing similar to trouble happened.