Azure's Tragedy

"Hey lover." Victoria said to Dante who was groaning on the floor.

"I'm shocked you're alive. I figured the other crazy bitch would tear you apart" Dante managed to whisper with a chuckle.

"For a second there, I was almost tempted to shoot you right in the chest. I guess it was right after then that I figured my love for you wasn't that strong because I did regret my action right after. It's every man for himself and I was stupid for letting my feelings cloud my reasoning when it came to you."

"You speak like you're capable of loving anyone." He laughed out loud as he spoke making himself chock on his laughter and start coughing. Victoria could feel her temper rising. "How can you claim to love a person when you don't even love yourself. Then again, for a person to love you, they'd have to be crazy. Even you realized how fucked up you are and that's why you rather wished to be someone else isn't it? Your desire to become the person of Late Mrs. Pierce."

Victoria had never thought of it that way and for once she understood the truth of the matter.

You have to love yourself before someone could love you

"Was it so hard to actually love me, or like me?" Dante was shocked at the gentleness of her voice. Since when did Victoria feel a thing.

Victoria crouched down and touched Dante's face as tears rolled down her cheeks.

"It was really all I ever wanted. I couldn't be loved by my own parents, not the man I wanted, not anyone. That's why I ruined Ruth, because I wanted somebody to understand me, I needed someone to understand how it felt to not be loved by anyone. That's the reason I was so angry when I saw that even in her state of ruin, she managed to find love. Because that made it clear that I was the only one who indeed was never going to be loved by anyone." She wiped her tears and stood to her feet, taking in her surroundings.

Dante was scared, he didn't know what to tell her. He had never seen her show so much vulnerability and he couldn't predict what her actions would be.

"Vicky" He called out to her in the name he knew she loved to be called by "As insane as you are, you weren't unloveable. I did like you, to an extent but I had my wife and I loved her more than anything. So don't think you were not capable of being loved, you probably just never met the person who would love you unconditionally."

"Right." He knew she found what she was looking for but it was hard to turn to see what it was so he remained in the position he was, waiting for her to come back.

Victoria returned with a heavy stone in her hands and went back to crouch by his side.

"I'll do one good thing before I die. I know that you won't be able to live without your dead wife and so I'll do the honors of killing you before I end my own life."

Dante was petrified, he had thought that his nice words would either make her leave him alone or better still, help him escape. He didn't know how to feel about having a stone smash him to death and so he closed his eyes and waited for the impact.

He felt the stone drop by his arm and flipping his eyes open, he saw Azure gripping a chunk of Victoria's hair with blood dripping by the side of her face.

This was a fucking battle of the craziest!!

He didn't even bother to move, he just lay there. He knew if Ruth won, she'd walk away and if Victoria won, he'd die.

He closed his eyes once more and shut out everything going on around him. He didn't care anymore, he only thought about all the things he'd ever done in his life. When he saw how successful his son had become, he felt proud. And next he felt guilty for feeling proud. He hoped that his other kids got to live an amazing life. He realized that he had a tear rolling down his cheek but nothing could make him open his eyes.