Azure's Distance.

Much to Grey's surprise, Azure had not shed a tear nor let a frown mar her face since he saw her break down in the arms of his mother's friend, however, she made every effort to steer clear from his touch. She begged him to let her stay in another room, she made sure to wake when he left for work and sleep before he returned.
She asked for the cleaners and cooks to resume work saying that she was always extremely tired. He was frustrated with her actions and what's worse was that the few chances she let him look at her skin, he saw no new scars.

He wanted to ask her to see a doctor but he didn't want to upset her any further, he had no way of knowing what she did or went through at night because she had particularly picked a sound proof room.
If she cried or screamed, it didn't show by the morn. She couldn't bother with the make up that she loved so dearly nor did she make an effort to wear clothes that covered her scars.

Grey had been worried previously that she was putting too much effort into her looks but now, he was worried that perhaps she had lost her reason for living. This made him sad because he could vividly remember several times when she reminded him that he was her reason for being alive and as much as he desperately wanted to change her view then, as much as he wanted her to want to live for her own self, right now he would prefer to be her reason for being alive because she looked like she had lost all reasons right now.
Grey twirled his office chair round and round, he wondered what she'd be doing right now. For certain he knew she was awake and he was going to take his guess that she was either reading a book or surfing the net. He realized she loved gaining knowledge as a source of remedy for the years she lost. She spent so much time reading books and surfing the net, she took online classes for various fields of study.

He was fed up! Two weeks was more than enough for him to give to her. Standing up, he grabbed him suit jacket and threw it on. He called his chauffeur and told him to get the car ready, he was going back home.

When he got home, the house was quiet as usual. The workers were moving about but they made sure to not make a sound. No one understood why the Madame of the house suddenly retired to her room for a long long time with an order that no one should dare to come in. She went out of her room three times a day to have her meals and those three times, no one had the guts to loiter around her. It was a shock to them, how someone who used to be so full of life suddenly became a mute, cold, lifeless being.

"She is in her room yes?" He asked as he took off his jacket and handed it over to the young maid that ran towards him to welcome him.
"Yes sir" the young maid said while bowing her head as a form of greeting. He remembered basking in the fear that his workers threw at him but now all he felt was weird.

"Don't regard to me as Sir and you all don't have to be so formal with me, just call me Mr Nick or something. I'm going upstairs to see the Lady now."

He walked past them and went towards the room. As he opened it, much to his guess, he saw her having an online audio class. She wasn't saying anything, not contributing at all, simply paying close attention. So much attention she failed to notice when he walked into the room.

She flinched a great deal when he walked close to her and gave her a peck. Her once closed eyes flew open and she blinked severally before it registered that it was only him.

He backed away, not surprised by her actions and simply mouthed, "How  long until the class ends?" And she mouthed back "ten minutes."

He nodded and turned to leave the room, things had become so awkward between them and he didn't know what to say again. He didn't know if she wanted his presence or not but he became certain that he wasn't forgotten when she grabbed unto his shirt and tugged him a little.