Azure's Calm after the Storm.

Somehow they had made it to the bedroom even though neither of them knew how. Azure was the first to wake up, she was surprised she woke up at all seeing they didn't sleep until the wee hours of the morn. Neither of them seemed to get tired of each other's body.

She tried turning to check the time but the soreness in between her legs caused her to wince. She chuckled internally when she remembered how they went at it like wild animals until Grey had stopped after a while because he wanted to make proper love to her. Not rushed, not desperate.

Proper lovemaking.

She mentally prepared herself before she turned around and saw that it was already two in the afternoon.
"Wow!" was the only thing she could mutter as she turned back to look at his face.

She'd missed him so much, his crazy handsome face, his stupid soft hair, his annoyingly insane sexy body! She couldn't believe she'd spent two years without it all. Last night wasn't exactly the welcome back she'd planned. She thought they'd go at it for at most two rounds and then talk. She didn't think noon would meet them still in between their sheets.

She used her hand to stroke his hair softly. She really missed this, all of it. Grey stirred before he opened his eyes.

For a moment there, he was shocked to see her on his bed, he would've thought that all that happened last night was a dream and he would have to go back to missing her when the morning arrived.

"Morning sleepyhead. I'm hungry." Azure had a grin on her face as she spoke. When she saw that Grey wasn't moving and was just staring at her, she leaned in and placed a chaste kiss on his lips.
"I said I'm hungry. I'm going to go and wash my mouth and then I'm going downstairs for lunch."

Grey still didn't move.

"Why are you looking at me like that?"
"Like what?"
"Like I'm see through. Like I'm not here."
"I'm waiting for you to disappear. I'm waiting for this amazing dream to come to an end."
"Dream? Have you been dreaming of making love to me while I was away?"
"What?"
"If this is a dream Grey, it's never coming to an end so just live in it. And besides, have you forgotten all about yesterday? You literally almost ripped me apart. You were a bloody animal. How can that be a dream?"

Grey chuckled.
"I warned you before you took the cuffs off."
"Beast! Even if I'd taken a week before I'd taken the cuffs off, you would've still been the same animal. You've always been one." She laughed as she spoke.

When she saw that Grey had gone back to staring at her, she stretched her hand and placed it on his cheek.

"I'm right here babe. And I'm not going anywhere again."

"Promise?"

For the first time since she returned, she heard the fear in his voice. She heard the fear of losing her again. He'd lost her so many times.

To her own mind, to the psychotic woman, to the men who took advantage of her and to many others. He wouldn't be able to handle it if he lost her again.

"I promise my love. I'm never going anywhere again." She scooted closer until her entire body was pressed against his. "But I'm hungry nonetheless."

Grey chuckled again before bending his head and planting a kiss on her forehead. "I was scared you know." She started when she felt his lips leave her head.
"When I woke up bloodied in my hands and I found myself in those chains, when I saw the doctors. I only wanted to know where you were, I feared I might have hurt you and that's why you couldn't be there with me, maybe I had killed you while I was out of my mind. I expected you to be there with me and I didn't think there would be anything that would make you leave me except death of course and so I was scared."