Azure's Appearance.

It had been two years since he last saw his woman. His sister and her best friend had both refused to get married if their girlfriend wasn't there. Elisa and Lucas had long since broken their no-more-sex-until-marriage vow.Life was boring now, he had a routine.

Wake up, hit the gym, take a shower, go to work, visit friends if possible, eat some food, take a shower and go to bed.

That night, his father had been exactly what he needed. He bathed him, changed his clothes and slept by his side till the morn. He left before his father woke though, the awkwardness would've been too much to bear.
He felt refreshed after that night. It was different, the feeling he felt. Often his mother called to ask how he was faring and he could only assume his father had ratted him out to his mother. She even packed her bags and stayed with him for a three months.

As for his Azure....
Ruth Pierce...

She left the hospital six months after getting there. Even though he asked Madame Rose not to tell him what was going on, she had sent a letter saying that Azure was fine now but she still wouldn't let her go home to him. She informed him of Azure's desire to go to school and become something. She informed him of Azure's contrasting interest in electronics, dresses and painting. She told him that his woman was going to pursue the three interests and had decided to pay special attention to painting.

He was happy.

It'd been two years but every time he thought of her he knew that she was out there becoming what she wanted to be and so it gave him joy.

He was only back from working so late at night when he noticed that the lights were switched off. The maids never left until he arrived and when he came home late, they stayed in the staff quarters so it was strange plus, the place was unusually quiet.

"SIT AND EAT"

He saw the writing on a cardboard by the wall once he put on the light. He had been bored for a while and so he was interested in a game even though he was very tired.

The food was all too familiar, he realized once he took a spoonful. It tasted exactly like the one Azure used to feed him from before. As much as he wanted to stand up and walk upstairs feeling outraged that someone would play with his feelings in such a manner, he couldn't.

How could he when the meal made him feel so much closer to her. It wasn't even just the taste, he couldn't explain it but somehow he felt like he was eating a meal made by her. Whether it was a lie or not, he didn't care. He would finish it all.

He drank the water placed on the table as well and gave a smile to himself before he stood up leaving his jacket there on the table. Somehow the food gave him all the strength he needed and he didn't feel tired at all anymore.

By the time he reached the staircase, he saw the bright red alluring rose petals leading up. He picked up one of the petals and closing his eyes for a few seconds, he remembered what it was like to stroke Azure's red hair. Giving a sigh, he followed the petals.

He noticed that the petals led to a door that he never used. He couldn't remember ever entering that room but his curiosity got the best of him and he opened the door which clearly said "ENTER AND SIT" on another cardboard.

When he entered, he saw that the room was dark, well apart from the dim spotlight that only illuminated the chair by the center and the chair alone. He had zero idea what else was in the room and for a second he thought to either run away or find the light switch but he found himself walking towards the chair and sitting down.

He would sit for 30 seconds and if nothing happened after then, he would walk out.
He counted 13 in his head before another light came up.

When he looked towards the light, his jaw dropped in shock and surprise. If what he was seeing was only a fake, he didn't mind. He would cling unto the fake until it became real.