Javier Escuella: Spanish

Javier X Reader

I apologise in advance for any mistakes in the Spanish lines!

Word Count: 1640

You loved being a part of the Van Der Linde gang, you always got along with everyone at camp and you enjoyed spending time with them all. But there was one man who caught your eye more than the others, Javier Escuella. He was attractive and charming, there was just one problem...sometimes he would speak to you in Spanish. You found this charming but you didn't actually understand a word he said. He never tried to have a conversation with you in Spanish he would just say a sentence or a word in Spanish that left you confused and curious.

-----

"Good morning, my Dahlia" Javier smiled as he sat beside you at the table. That's something else that drove you crazy, his most common pet name for you. You were pretty sure that some of the Spanish words he spoke to you were pet names but you never understood them. You had asked him once why he called you 'his Dahlia' and apparently a 'Dahlia' was a flower from Mexico, Javier made sure that he explained that it was a beautiful flower.

"Good morning, Javier" you smiled back, returning your attention to the cup of coffee in your hands. Javier always had a way of making you blush.

"What are you doing today, Hermosa?" he asked, leaning against the table and looking at your face. There it was, a pet name that you didn't even understand. Part of you wanted to ask him what he was saying but another part of you was embarrassed to admit that you didn't understand him, especially after he has been speaking like this to you for so long.

"Nothing, I'm sure Miss Grimshaw will find somethin' for me to do" you shrugged.

"Not today, mi bonita flor. You need to relax" Javier smiled before rubbing his hand down your arm, standing up and walking away. You smiled to yourself, glancing to watch him leave.

-----

You walked towards the campfire, where Javier and Charles were sitting and talking. "Ah! Mi dulce y bella flor!" Javier smiled when he looked up and saw you, Charles smiled and rolled his eyes while you just blushed slightly, and you wondered if Charles knew what he was saying. "Come and join us" Javier patted the seat beside him.

"You seem awfully cheerful today" you commented as you sat down. Javier opened his mouth to speak but was interrupted by Dutch calling for him.

"Another time, mi amor" Javier sighed as he stood up, quickly kissing the top of your head before running off to see what Dutch wanted.

Charles chuckled to himself when he saw your cheeks turn pink, he shook his head at Javier. Charles had told him to stop messing with you but it seemed that Javier just couldn't help himself.

-----

Parties at the camp were always fun, even if everyone did tend to drink far too much. It was still the early hours of the party. Javier had been playing his guitar and you had been watching him with silent awe. Now you were standing just to the side of your tent, a little out of the way of the party, just wanting a little break from the drunken noise and deciding to watch from a far for a little while.

You gasped when an arm wrapped around your waist, swiftly turning you around and causing you to crash into a firm chest. You looked up with wide eyes and flushed a bright shade of pink when you saw that it was Javier looking down at you, his arms wrapped around your waist and your hands on his chest.

"Eres la mujer más hermosa que he visto en mi vida" Javier leaned down and whispered in your ear, once again you didn't understand a word he said but it made you flustered.