John Marston: Take what we can get Part 2

John Marston X Female Reader

Summary: When you become pregnant, you and John have to speak with Jack and Abigail. You only hope that she understands.

Word Count: 2400

You and John have been an official couple for a while now and you could only find one way to describe it. It just felt right. You had loved each other for so long and now you had each other, it couldn't have been more right.

Of course, John still spends time with Jack, just like you knew he would. Your relationship didn't get in the way of him being a father, you were thankful for that. Abigail wasn't a huge fan of Jack spending time with you and John but you couldn't really blame her for that, you were happy for John to spend alone time with his son.

Abigail seemed to be slowly accepting that you and John are together. She doesn't glare at you so much or make snarky comments, she even speaks to you sometimes. Your conversations weren't like they were before Jack was born but it was an improvement, things seemed to be looking up for all of you.

-----

John was out of the camp, on a job with Arthur and Charles. You stood up from your seat at the campfire before walking over to the crate of beers, going to grab yourself a drink. You flinched a little when you felt two arms wrap around your waist, a chin gently resting on your shoulder.

"When did you get back?" you asked softly. You couldn't help but melt into the embrace, knowing that it was John's arms that were around you.

"Just got back now" John told you as he pressed a kiss to your shoulder. You smiled as you turned around in his arms, wrapping your own arms around his neck.

"Would ya look at that, you didn't get injured this time" you teased him with a smirk, brushing your thumb against his cheek.

"Hey, you're meant to be on my side" he muttered, rolling his eyes at your comment.

"I always will be" you assured him before leaning up to him, capturing his lips in a lingering kiss that he instantly returned.

"I think I'm ready to go to bed" John hummed against your lips.

"Hmm, me too" you nodded, laughing softly to yourself.

John smiled before pressing a kiss to your temple, pulling away from you before taking your hand in his. You walked by his side as you both retired to your shared tent.

-----

You played with the hem of your shirt, lost in your own thoughts. You had recently come to the conclusion that you were pregnant, it was the only thing that could explain everything that you had been experiencing. You had come to terms with your pregnancy and you were actually quite excited to become a mother, especially since John was the father of your child.

Still, you were nervous about telling John that you were pregnant. You knew that he was a good father and that he would be a good father to your child, but you worried about him already having a son. Of course, you loved Jack but it wasn't a secret that it complicated your relationship. However, you knew that the pair of you would figure it out.

Overall, despite all the things that could become complicated, you were more than happy to be having a child with John and starting a family with him.

You were already sitting in your shared tent, on top of the various animal skins. Your fingers mindlessly playing with the hem of John's shirt that you were wearing.

John stepped into the tent, closing the canvas behind him before discarding his hat and jacket. As soon as his gaze landed on you, he smiles, enjoying the sight in front of him. You were only wearing one of his shirts and your underwear, since you found it extremely comfortable to sleep in, and it was always something that John liked to see.