Josiah Trelawny: Saviour

Josiah Trelawny X Shy Female Reader

Summary: The O'Driscolls kidnapped you a few days ago and they did a lot of terrible things to you. A few members of the Van der Linde gang see you and decide to save you, Trelawny takes it upon himself to help you.

Word Count: 3200

Josiah, Arthur, and Charles talked among themselves as they rode their horses alongside each other, returning to their camp. They saw smoke coming from the other side of a hill, so they decided to go a check it out, making sure there wasn't any threat near their camp. Once they got closer, they saw that it was actually an O'Driscoll camp and they knew that they had to do something about it, they couldn't let them stay this close to home.

They planned going back to their camp and grabbing reinforcements before going in but they wanted to look around first, to get an idea of how many O'Driscolls there were. They dismounted their horses and stalked around the camp.

The three of them paused when they saw you. You were a young woman, looking more than dishevelled. You were sitting on the lap of a young O'Driscoll man, who was sitting in front of their campfire. The three outlaws on the edge of the camp could see, even from this distance away, that you were very uncomfortable and there against your will.

They watched as another O'Driscoll walked over and spoke to the one that you were with, while you kept your gaze on the ground. The three outlaws where too far away to hear what the O'Driscolls were saying.

Anger built up in the three outlaws when the O'Driscoll stood up, pushing you to the floor. You landed on your hands and knees in the dirt as the pair walked away. Trelawny felt disgusted as he noticed the tears falling from your eyes silently, as you stood up and dusted off your torn dress.

Neither of them had to say anything, they already knew exactly what was going on and they all knew that they needed to get you out of there.

Instead of going back to their camp, they decided to take action. They crept around the camp, splitting up to get some advantage, before heading in.

You gasped when you heard gunshots, was the camp being attacked? Two O'Driscoll men ran past you with their guns ready, nearly knocking you down but you managed to stay on your feet. You froze for a moment before hurrying to find somewhere to hide from the gunshots.

Once the three outlaws had taken out all of the O'Driscolls, they began to search for you. It was Trelawny who found you, cowering behind some crates.

You heard the gun shots come to an end but decided not to move, you listened closely and heard footsteps approaching. You didn't know whether you wanted it to be an O'Driscoll or whoever attacked them.

Trelawny frowned at the sight in front of him, you were obviously terrified. He knelt down in front of you so that he wasn't towering over you, hoping that he would seem less intimidating this way, but you just pressed further back against the crate behind you. Clearly the O'Driscolls had affected you pretty badly.

"Hey, it's alright. My friends and I are here to help you, we aren't going to hurt you. My name is Josiah Trelawny" the man introduced himself. You studied him, he didn't seem cruel, he didn't look like he wanted to hurt you, and he had a kind but soft smile on his face.

"Are you an O'Driscoll?" you asked quietly. Josiah frowned, your voice was hoarse and scratchy. He assumed it was due to crying and not drinking enough, it was very clear that they hadn't been feeding you properly.

"Do I look like an O'Driscoll?" he asked with a small smile and you just shook your head, he definitely didn't look like or talk like an O'Driscoll. "I'm not an O'Driscoll. My friends and I are a part of the Van der Linde gang. We aren't perfect but we are much more decent than these O'Driscolls. I promise you will be okay with us. If you want to leave than you can, but let us help you" the man continued to assure you but you still didn't know whether you could trust him or his friends that he talked about.