Charles Smith: Not Leaving You

Charles Smith X Female Reader

Summary: You are helping Sadie, John and Charles to defeat Micah. When Charles gets shot, you need to be there for him.

Word Count: 1620

God damn Micah Bell, you always knew that there was something weird about him. You never believed that he was just an annoying son of a bitch. Now here you are, riding up a mountain with John, Sadie and Charles to finally put an end to this. 

As the four of you were riding up the mountain, a gun shot rang in your ears. Your blood ran cold when you saw Charles fall from his horse. The other three of you cursed as you dismounted your horses and found some cover from the sniper ahead. 

"You alive, Charles?" John called back to him and the three of you hid behind any natural cover that you could find. 

"Just about" Charles forced, still laying on the ground which made your heart break. You wanted nothing more than to run over to him and make sure he was alright. 

You kept glancing back at Charles and you and Sadie provided some cover fire for John as he got closer to the sniper. As soon as John shot down the sniper, the three of you hurried back to Charles.

When you got to Charles, he had pulled himself up and propped himself up against a rock. You assumed that he had done it to take cover from the sniper. He sat, leaning back against the rock and applying pressure to his wound with his hand. You threw your gun down and fell to your knees beside him, having to know that he was alright. You pushed his hand away and placed your hands over the wound on his right shoulder, hoping to slow the bleeding.

"Hey, you're okay, you're okay" Sadie assured him as she reached him, crouching down beside Charles. John hurried over with a concerned expression but didn't speak.

"I will be...but go on...go on now! Move fast...or they'll come down that hill and kill us all" Charles assured the three of you, telling you all to keep moving and to leave him here. That was just something that you couldn't do.

"Come on, John" Sadie encouraged, noticing his hesitation to leave the other man. She stood up and looked down at you, she could tell from the look in your eyes that there was no way anyone was convincing you to leave Charles' side.

"I don't wanna leave him" John sighed but then looked at you. He figured that you wouldn't leave Charles here alone and that your presence would probably provide more comfort to the other man than his would.

"Hey...they know we're coming now...I will be fine...I'll follow you up, I just...I just can't move fast" Charles continued to try to assure them that everything would be alright. You just shook your head, continuing to apply pressure to the wound as you looked up at the other two you were with.

"Okay" John sighed, nodding now that he was comfortable with the idea of leaving Charles. Especially since you would probably stay with him. 

"C'mon, John" Sadie sighed as she began to step away from the scene. She looked down at you and you knew that she was going to ask you if you were coming. 

"I'm staying here, I won't leave him" you shook your head, not even giving her a chance to ask you. Charles sighed as he turned to you but decided not to argue with you. 

"Shit" John cursed before walking over to Sadie. They both nodded at you, saying their goodbyes. You wished them luck and told them to stay safe and to be careful. You told them that you would both see them later, trying to remain as optimistic as Charles was (or at least as much as he was acting). 

You watched as Sadie and John hurried off before returning your attention to Charles. "Go, they need you" Charles told you as he reached up and gently held onto your arm.