Micah Bell: She's Mine Part 2

Micah Bell & Daughter Reader

Summary: Just some events of Micah raising his young daughter.

Word Count: 1600

You have been living with your father in the Van der Linde gang for a few years now. You are now five years old and happy with your new family, which continued to grow as new members of the gang joined. Micah had shown you the photo that he took from your house on the day that he found you, the photo of you and your mother. He wasn't going to keep that from you, you deserved to at least know what your mother looked like and to know what happened to her. Of course, he hadn't told you the details of what happened, he would explain all of that when you were older.

-----

You aimed the gun in your hands at the bottles in front of you while Micah crouched down beside you. He adjusted your aim carefully until he thought it was more accurate. "Alright, put your finger on the trigger and squeeze gently. It's not that heavy" Micah instructed as he stood up, moving to stand behind you. He wasn't stupid enough to stand too close to a five year old with a gun.

Of course some other members of the gang, and by that I mean all the other members of the gang, had told Micah that you were too young to learn how to shoot a gun. He argued that he was learning to shoot when he was about your age, he also boasted that you were his daughter so you would easily be able to learn how to shoot. It was in your blood! Plus you had already been asking for Micah to teach you how to use a gun, so why wouldn't he teach you?

You pulled back the trigger, just like your father told you to, but frowned when you missed the shot. The recoil of the gun had caught you off guard. The gun wasn't a great fit in your small hands but you had held a gun many times before. In fact, you had held this gun many times. It was Micah's gun. Of course, whenever you had held it in the past it was unloaded.

Basically, you would use it as a toy gun. You would play outlaw, copying the actions that you had seen from your father and he others so many times. Micah used to think that such play was simply childish and irritating more than anything, but now he found it rather cute. You were imitating him and he felt quite a bit of pride because of it.

"It's alright, you feel how the gun jolts when you shoot it?" Micah asked, crouching down beside you again, and you nodded. "Now be prepared for it next time...whenever you're ready" he nodded before standing up and standing behind you again.

You pulled the trigger again and this time you actually hit one of the bottles. Your chest swelled with pride as a bright smile appeared on your face. Micah clasped his hand over your shoulder, giving it a proud squeeze. "Good shot, you're definitely a Bell" Micah complimented.

You smiled proudly as you spun around, the gun still in your hand. Micah backed up a little as you waved the gun past him. He gently caught your wrist in one hand while his other hand took the gun from you. The last thing he needed was you getting over excited and shooting him.

Micah holstered the gun and huffed as little as you threw your arms around his waist. In many ways you were a Bell, but Micah had never known a Bell to be so cheerful or affectionate, even as a child. It made him consider the difference between your childhoods. Was it possible that Micah was a better father than his own? He knew that it wouldn't be difficult but still, he surprised himself.

Smiling slightly to himself, Micah picked you up and let you wrap your arms around his neck. He returned your hug, ruffling your hair before placing you back down on your feet.

Micah was definitely proud of you, you were already getting the hang of shooting. He was certain that it ran in the blood. Strangely, he found that he couldn't wait to get you your own gun.