Arthur Morgan and Archie Downes: The Downes Part 2

Archie Downes X Female Reader
Arthur Morgan & younger sister reader

Summary: Archie meets the gang

Word Count: 2600

Arthur didn't really like the idea of you dating anyone but he thought that Archie was a good man and that he would treat you well. True, he had only met the boy once but he clearly wasn't a malicious person and he obviously cared about you. Arthur knew that you could definitely do worse than Archie, so he was content with your boyfriend. He's not bad at all, he would be good for you.

You weren't ashamed of your family, you had been honest with Archie about your family being a gang of outlaws. You knew that you couldn't lie to him about that, but you never really planned on crossing those two lives. You didn't want Archie to get dragged into anything, you wanted to keep those parts of your life separate.

However, things had started to change. You and Archie had been together for a little while now, it was definitely becoming something serious.

Archie said that he wanted to meet your family, he wanted to meet the gang. He wanted to know how you lived, he wanted to know the people you surrounded yourself with. You had told him that it was a bad idea but he was persistent.

"Archie, you really don't have to meet them. It's okay, you've met my brother and that's all that really matters" you assured him. Archie had said that he wanted to meet the gang because they were your family and they meant so much to you, but in all honesty you didn't want to scare him away.

"You've said it yourself, Y/N...they are your family, so I would like to meet them" Archie sighed, taking your hands in his.

"I get what you're trying to do and it's really sweet but they are a required taste...they're outlaws, Archie" you reminded him. Had he forgotten that you lived with thieves and murders?

"They're your family. I don't care who or what they are. They mean a lot to you so I want to meet them" he smiled, lifting one hand to brush his fingers against your cheek.

"...fine, fine. You can meet them, but don't say that I didn't warn you" you sighed, turning your face away from him.

"I love you, your family isn't going to change that" Archie assured you, turning your face to look at him. You soon started to smile when you saw his face, it really did mean a lot to you that he wanted to meet your family.

"I love you too" you laughed softly before Archie pressed a tender kiss to your lips.

-----

You had warned the gang that you would be bringing Archie around to let him meet them all. A few of them had definitely questioned whether it was a good idea so you just explained that you had tried to persuade him not to bother but he wouldn't give up.

You and Archie rode into the camp before dismounting and hitching your horses. You were probably more nervous than he was.

"Okay so...Arthur is your brother but John is like a brother to you. Dutch and Hosea raised you and are like your father figures, and Dutch is the leader of the gang. Sean is a lot to handle and overwhelming but is harmless. And just stay away from Micah, whoever that is" Archie repeated a few of the warning that you had given him. You had described most of the gang members to him but those were the most important warning you had to give him.

"Yeah, I think that's all the main warnings you need...you'll be fine" you smiled, squeezing his hand reassuringly as you both walked into the camp.

"Hey Y/N. Hey Archie, it's good to see you again. No hard feelings, right?" Arthur asked as he held his hand out for the boy to shake. Your brother hoped that there were no hard feelings for your sake but otherwise he didn't really care that much.