Abigail Roberts: Inheritance

Abigail Roberts X Gender Neutral Reader

Summary: Abigail is hired to seduce a wealthy landowner who has returned to town to collect their inheritance, she never expected to actually fall in love with them.
(Jack wasn't born)

Y/N = Your name
M/N = mother's name
F/N = father's name
L/N = last name

This is a long one! Sorry folks XD
Word Count: 7300

Abigail walked with Dutch into the nearby town. Abigail wasn't really close enough to Dutch for them to go into town together for fun, this was a business trip. Dutch wanted Abigail to take the lead on the newest scheme of his, he said that it required a woman's touch.

"Alright, remind me what you want, one last time" Abigail sighed, wanting to make sure she got this right. She didn't want to deal with Dutch being angry with her for messing up.

"The owner of the L/N estate passed away last week. They're a very wealthy family with more money than they know what to do with. We were trying to get close to the estate but after F/N L/N's death, the place was so busy that we couldn't find the right time" Dutch explained.

"And you want me to get close to the estate?" Abigail asked.

"The rumour is that their only child, the last remaining heir to the family fortune, has come back to town. Their name is Y/N L/N, they've been away for a long time but have returned to to collect what they were left in their father's will" he told her, that's who the target was.

"So, you actually want me to get close to Y/N?" she asked, wondering what this person would be like.

"Exactly. You get close to them, you get into the estate. All you have to do it find out where they keep the valuables and tell us how to get inside without being seen. This is probably going to take patience, I doubt they are going to show you to the family fortune after first meeting you" Dutch nodded, basically telling her that she would be dealing with this person for quite a while.

"Just tell me what you want me to do, Dutch" Abigail sighed.

"You need to get close to Y/N, earn their trust. I need you to form a relationship with them. I'm telling you, Abigail, this score is going to set us up for life" he smiled, patting her shoulder reassuringly.

"Any tips?" she asked as she popped open the top button of her blouse. If she was going to flirt with whoever this is, she was going to do it properly.

"They're probably just some simple, stuck up, rich landowner like their parents. Use that against them, stroke their ego, play the helpless women, whatever you think is best. I'm sure they'll fall for the act" Dutch assured her, it shouldn't be too hard to get inside the estate.

The pair continue walking through the town until they spotted somebody walking towards them. They were quite a distance down the street but they could see them well enough.

"Ah, here we are" Dutch stopped walking, turning to Abigail.

"That's them?" Abigail asked, definitely a little surprised by what she was seeing. They were young but more attractive than she expected and they weren't wearing expensive clothes either, they were wearing something that you could pick up in any tailor. She just expected something different.

"Yes, it is" Dutch nodded as they watched the person walking into the saloon.

"What is somebody like that doing visiting the local saloon?" Abigail asked, somebody of their wealth wouldn't drink in a place like that by choice.

"Excellent question, go and find out" Dutch encouraged, giving her a little push forward.

"And where will you be?" she asked, needing to know where he is to find him later to to intervene if something goes wrong.