Arthur Morgan: Inspiration

Arthur Morgan X Female Reader

Summary: you've always been insecure about your artwork but when Micah makes a few comments about it, Arthur is determined to get some of your confidence back.

Word Count: 1800

You were sitting outside of the camp, in the spot where you always went when you wanted some peace and quiet. You were leaning back against the familiar large tree behind you, your attention focused on the book on your lap. You were doodling in your sketchpad, that was really just a leather bound journal much like the one that Arthur owned. In fact, Arthur was the one who got it for you.

"I've been looking for you" Arthur's voice rang from behind you, making you jump. You closed the book quickly as you looked up at Arthur. You hadn't even heard him approaching and you had no idea how long he had been standing there. He was leaning sideways against the tree, looking down at you with a soft smile on his face. You were pretty sure that he had been looking over your shoulder, you just hoped that he hadn't seen any of your work. You had always been sensitive about your art work, it had just always been personal to you and you weren't ready to share it with anyone. Plus, you were a little embarrassed about it, you didn't know how good it was. You blushed at the chance that Arthur saw your drawings, even if it was only your quick doodles.

"How long have you been there?" you asked, looking up at him with a surprised look on your face. An expression that Arthur thought was adorable.

"Not long but I'm surprised you didn't hear me. You really were lost in your own little world, weren't you?" he chuckled, shaking his head at you.

"Yeah..." you nodded, smiling at him as you stood up.

"Are you ever going to let me see what you do in that book of yours?" Arthur asked, gesturing down to the book in your hand.

"Nope" you smiled as you both started walking in the direction of the camp. "So, why were you looking for me?" you asked, looking up at him.

"Dutch wants to speak to us, he sent me to find you. I knew that you would be here" Arthur told you with a smile. He knew that whenever he needed to find you, you would be here drawing in that book of yours. Sometimes Arthur would even come out here and sit with you.

"Why does he want to talk to us?" you asked, already knowing that it would be something to do with another job.

"Just about some score, I'm not sure" he told you with a small shrug.

"Just one more score, huh?" you asked with an amused smile on your face. With Dutch, it was always just one more score before you all go off to live in some tropical land.

"How many times have we heard that now?" Arthur asked, the two of you laughing as you returned to the camp.

-----

You started to panic as you searched for your journal. You could've sworn that it was right here, under your pillow. You must have left it somewhere else but you just couldn't think where else it could be.

You sighed as you left your tent, glancing around the camp as you tried to think about where you could have left your journal. You completely froze when you saw Micah sitting at one of the tables in the camp, smirking to himself as he flipped through your journal.

Without much of a thought, you hurried over to him and reached out to grab the journal but Micah just laughed and held it out of your reach.

"So, this is what you do all day?" Micah asked as he stood up, beginning to look through your journal again.