Bill Williamson: Perfect

Insecure Bill Williamson X Female Reader

Summary: Bill can't help but think that you are too good for him, you need to remind him that he is the only man for you.

Word Count: 2450

You and Bill had been together for a little while but he still wasn't sure how he managed to win you over. You were always so kind to him, even when he was acting like a drunken dumbass or a hotheaded fool.

When he first asked you to go in to town with him, he was completely sober, which was a rare sight. He as nervous and stumbled over his words, you thought it was really sweet. You had a soft spot for Bill despite his sometimes abrasive behaviour because you knew that he was a good man deep down.

After you started dating him you soon learnt that he was a big softy. He would do anything to protect you and he was so sweet around you, especially when you were both alone. He was softer and gentler than you first expected him to be. It was fair to say that you were falling in love with Bill, not that either of you had said it yet.

Bill still didn't know how he managed to get the courage to ask you out and he still didn't understand why you said yes, he couldn't believe that you liked him back. He considered himself the luckiest man in the world but he couldn't help the insecurities he had.

Bill sat at the camp fire with a beer in his hands, watching you as you did your chores with the other women. You were absolutely beautiful as you worked under the sun, gently tucking a strand of hair behind your ear. He watched the small smile on you face as you spoke to the other women, the playful roll of your eyes or the light pink tint to your cheeks when one of the women said something. Unfortunately Bill couldn't hear what any of you were saying.

He got lost in his own thoughts so Bill didn't notice when you finish your chores and began to walk over to him. "Bill? You in there?" You asked playfully as you waved your hand in front of his face.

Bill snapped out of his thoughts and looked up at you. You chuckled and shook your head before kissing his cheek and sitting down beside him. "What are you thinking about?" You asked, resting your chin on his shoulder while you looked up at him with a smile.

"Nothin'" Bill shrugged as he took a sip from his beer. You just nodded slightly with a small frown, you knew that something wasn't right. "Grimshaw being hard on you?" He asked, feeling bad for being short with you.

"Eh, not much more than usual. I could use a break though" you smiled, resting your head on his shoulder.

"You wanna drink?" Bill asked, holding his bottle out to you.

"More than anything" you grinned as you took his bottle from him, taking a sip before handing it back to him. "Thank you, you're a gentleman" you chuckled to yourself as you relaxed against his shoulder again. Bill frowned slightly as he looked down at you, he knew that he was far from a gentleman...

-----

You had been worried about Bill, by now you were certain that something was wrong. He seems to have been avoiding you and acting distant, he adverted his gaze from you whenever you talked to him, he tensed whenever you touched him. You were beginning to really worry about him, you were worried that he didn't feel the same way about you anymore.

Bill couldn't help it, he just couldn't. He wished that he could forget about all of his insecurities but that just didn't seem possible. He just couldn't understand how somebody like you could be with somebody like him. You were intelligent, kind, beautiful. You were absolutely perfect and what was he? He was nothing. He was nothing but a stupid hotheaded drunk who couldn't do anything right.