Charles Smith: Not Leaving You Part 2

Charles Smith X Female Reader

Summary:  You and Charles finally did what you said you would. You moved to Canada and raised a family.

Abbreviations:
S/N - Son's name
D/N - Daughter's name

Word Count: 1160

After everything that happened with Micah; you, Charles and Sadie had stayed at John's place until you were ready to leave. You had said your goodbyes to your dear friends before you and Charles left together, the others wishing you the best of luck. You and Charles decided it was time to stop wasting your time, you both moved to Canada to raise a family just like you both wanted too.

-----

You helped your son pull on his coat and button it up before running your fingers through his thick dark hair, a trait that both of your children had gotten from their father.

"Thank's mama" he smiled up at you bright making you smile back at him as you ruffled his hair. You son was only young, 4 years old actually, but he already reminded you so much of Charles.

"You're welcome" you chuckled before standing up and grabbing his scarf off of the table. It was warm inside the house thanks to the fire but it was much colder outside.

"Mama, why can't I go with D/N?" he asked, his smile falling from his face.

"Because D/N is older, you can go with them soon though, I promise" you assured your son with a wink, making him laugh and nod at you.

As if on cue the front door opened. Charles held the door open and let your 8 year old daughter walk into the house first. She smiled as she hurried over to hug you, wrapping her arms around your waist. You instantly hugged her back and smiled as your son ran over to hug his father. Charles scooped the young boy up in his arms before closing the door behind him and walking towards you.

"Lets get you two a warm drink each" you smiled at both of them, before walking towards the kitchen.

"Good, that's just what I need" Charles nodded as he followed you, a smile of his own on his face.

"But mama said that we could play outside!" you son whined, giving Charles the best damn puppy dog eyes that either of you have ever seen.

"D/N, take your brother to play outside. Don't go to far and come straight back in if you get too cold" Charles told your daughter as he placed your son back down on the floor.

"Sure thing, Da! See ya later, ma!" your daughter smiled at you both before taking your son's hand and leading him out side. She was only young but you thought that she was incredibly sensible and mature. She had recently started calling you and Charles 'Ma' and 'Da' because apparently 'mama and daddy' is too childish. You will never know where she learns this nonsense but it had amused both of you at the time.

"What did you do today?" you asked, turning back to the man you loved with a smile. You turned away from him again and began to prepare the warm drinks, Charles says that they help boost the immune system as well so that it great for your children.

"We went to the post office to send that letter to John and Abigail, then she insisted that I show her how to track" Charles told you as he walked over to you, letting his hand rest on the small of your back as he stood beside you.

"I thought you were going to wait until she was a little older to do that?" you asked, looking over your shoulder at him, but you had no problem with him teaching her those skills.

"I was but she wanted to learn. She is determined and a fast learner, she is going to be an expert in no time" he shrugged, laughing softly to himself.

"I think you should take S/N out soon, I think he is jealous" you laughed along as you turned your attention back to making the drinks.

Charles and you decided that Charles should teach your children about wildlife and nature from an early age because there would be some good skills to know in the future. Of course you would never force your children to learn this but they seemed to have inherited Charles' love for nature and animals. Since they were babies they liked going out on the ranch and seeing the animals and grooming the horses.

"I'll take him out next week, it should be beginning to warm up soon as well" Charles informed you as you finished the drinks. He wrapped his arm around your waist and made you turn around to face him.

"Oh good, we can all go for a ride when it's warmer" you smiled brightly up at him. When the weather was nice you would often all go out on the horses and find a nice spot to have lunch or something like that. The children seemed to love it.

"That sounds great, I just found the perfect spot by the river. We could go there" he smiled back before cupping your jaw in his hand, brushing his thumb over your cheek. You leaned up on your toes and pressed your lips against his and he instantly returned your kiss.

You smiled at each other as you pulled away from the kiss. "We better get them in before they get sick" you suggested as you looked out the window at your two beautiful children.

"Good idea, I'll go get them" Charles smiled and you nodded, he kissed your forehead gently before walking out of the door.

You watched through the window as your children argued with their father, not wanting to come inside just yet. You smiled fondly as Charles picked up your son with ease and threw him carefully over his shoulder. Your daughter laughed before running away, a bright smile on her face. Charles caught up to her quickly before lifting her over his other shoulder with a similar ease. You laughed and shook your head as you watched Charles walking back to the house with your children thrown over both of his shoulders. You opened the door for them and allowed him to step inside before closing the door behind him.

Your children laughed as Charles placed them both back down on their feet. Charles smiled as he picked up two drinks, handing one to you and keeping the other for himself. The children straightened out their clothes before sitting down at dining table with their own drinks. You smiled at them before smiling up at Charles, it had been years but you still wonder how you got this lucky.

Charles kissed the top of your head sweetly before taking your hand and sitting down at the table, you sitting down beside him. You and Charles had always been family, ever since you both joined the van der Linde gang and even through the ups and downs you stuck together. It was definitely all worth it.

Requests?