Arthur Morgan: Dancer

Arthur Morgan X Female Dancer Reader

Summary: you are a dancer and Arthur becomes infatuated with you.

Word Count: 3900

Arthur walked into the theatre, where Trelawny had told him to meet him. Apparently there was a job opportunity here but Arthur didn't understand why they had to go to the theatre. Still, he walked down to the front and took a seat next to Trelawny, right in front of the stage.

"Ah, there you are, I thought you weren't coming" Trelawny smiled as he turned to Arthur, who was meant to meet him before the show not just before the last act of the night started.

"The theatre isn't really my style, why are we here again?" Arthur asked, couldn't they just go and speak to whoever they had to speak to? This was pointless.

"The owner is having some trouble with some local men, he is willing to pay to have the problem dealt with" Trelawny explained.

"Sounds good, so why are we sitting here?" Arthur nodded before asking. It sounded like a good job, simple enough, but he still didn't see the point in sitting through a show.

"Waiting for the end of the show, my dear boy" Josiah explained, shaking his head at the other man.

"Is that necessary?" Arthur asked with a small groan, beginning to act like an impatient child.

"Shush, this is the last act. The main attraction! You are going to love it" Trelawny assured him, everyone loved the last act, he was sure that even Arthur Morgan was cultured enough to see the appeal.

"I doubt it" Arthur muttered under his breath as the lights dimmed and a small orchestra began to play music.

The red curtains opened and the whole crowd was already cheering, clearly this was what they were waiting for.

You stood on the centre of the stage with your back to the audience, smiling softly to yourself as you listened to the music and waited for your cue.

Arthur watched the curtains opening and saw the woman standing on the stage. He wasn't a fan of shows like this and he didn't see why this one would be any different. But then, the woman on the stage began to dance. It wasn't one of those comical dances that Arthur had seen on stages like these, it didn't rely on the excitement of fire, snakes, or daggers like other performances he had seen. This woman and her talent was more than enough to capture the attention of the audience, in fact, they were entranced by you.

The dance was slow and controlled, it was precise and well practised without being robotic or passionless. It was beautiful...you were beautiful. Arthur was absolutely transfixed with you, as was the rest of the audience.

Once you finished your dance, you stepped forwards and took your bow. The whole crowd applauded, cheered, and whistled, even giving you a standing ovation. You sent the audience a bright smile and a wave before the curtains closed.

"Who is she?" Arthur asked Trelawny before he could stop himself. You were magnificent.

"Her name is Y/N L/N, always the last act of the night" Trelawny informed him with a smile, clearly he was a fan of yours as well. Josiah knew that you would win Arthur over, just like you won everyone else over.

"Why?" Arthur asked, wondering why they had put you last.

"It makes the audience sit through the rest of the show, they're all here to see her" Trelawny explained.

"She is the only dancer?" Arthur asked, since he hadn't seen the rest of the show.

"No, they have plenty of dancers....she is just the best" Trelawny told him, a little amused that Arthur was already so interested in you. "Come on, lets go back stage" he shook his head as they both stood up.