Bill Williamson: Wasting Time

Bill Williamson X Younger Female Reader

Summary: Bill comes to terms with his feelings for a younger woman and accepts that she feels the same way.

Word Count: 2530

Bill Williamson had always been a little bit of a mystery to you. He wasn't exactly the most friendly person you have ever met but you had nothing against you, he had never done anything to make you dislike him. He had never been anything but nice and respectful to you, actually you had noticed that he was even a littler softer towards you than anyone else in camp.

You weren't really sure why but you happened to like Bill, even had a little crush on him despite the fact that he was significantly older than you.

And despite Bill being a drunk, you enjoyed talking to him. Actually, he spoke more when he had been drinking. If it wasn't for alcohol he probably wouldn't have talked to you the first time at all.

-----

You had been sitting by the campfire when a drunken Bill Williamson sat down beside you, but you pretty sure it was more falling than sitting. You just smiled politely, you were pretty knew to the gang at this point and hadn't spoken to Bill before. "So, uh, where are you...I mean, what were you doing before this?" Bill asked you randomly.

You couldn't help but look at him with slightly widened eyes as he nursed the beer bottle in his hand. You didn't know Bill but you never really took him as the nervous type, perhaps it was the alcohol messing with his head. "Oh...nothing, I guess. Robbing mostly" you shrugged as you returned your gaze to the fire in front of you, not sure why Bill was interested in speaking to you at all.

"You're young, pretty, nice...why are you here with us anyway?" he asked, his voice slurred slightly and he was swaying gently as he looked at you.

"Nicer camp than anything I could put together" you laughed softly, shaking your head at yourself. "It's better here that ending up stuck in some saloon" you shrugged. You were here for the same reason everyone else was here, you had nowhere else to go. Bill just nodded and said nothing, you guessed that was the end of the conversation so you just sat there for a while.

-----

You didn't really speak to Bill again after that, just polite smiles and nods as you passed him. It didn't bother you, you didn't know the man, you were just happy that you got a polite nod or smile from him every now and again because it meant that you hadn't done anything wrong. You hadn't spoken to him until one quiet night in camp. Everyone seemed tired and had already retired to their tents or were lazily sitting around the campfire or one of the tables.

Bill was sitting at a table in a quiet part of the camp, pretty out of the way. You were just walking past him when you heard him speak. "Ah, Miss...Y/N, right? Won't you come here and sit down" Bill asked, looking over at you from his seat at the table.

You were surprised and confused to why he would want you to sit with him. "Y-Yeah, it's Y/N" you nodded as you walked over to the table.

"Come on, relax. I'm just being friendly, come sit" Bill encouraged as he noticed your nervous response, you nodded again as you sat down at the round table on the seat beside him. "You wanna have a drink?" he asked as he turned his body to face you.

"Well, sure but I don't see any drinks around here" you chuckled, looking around to see that the only drink nearby was the one in Bill's hand.

"Ah, shit, you're right" Bill chuckled along, glancing around with a thoughtful expression before turning back to you. "Here" he offered as he held his bottle out to you.