Hosea Matthews: Meet, Love, Lose Part 2

Hosea Matthews X Female Reader

Summary: After so long of not seeing each other, you and Hosea finally meet again.

Word Count: 2690

A long time has past since Hosea left your house with Dutch van der Linde, you hadn't seen him since. Hosea had been back to the town you live near but he obeyed your wishes and never visited you. 

The gang had grown a little since Hosea left with Dutch. A woman called Susan Grimshaw had joined them and a young man named Arthur Morgan had joined the ranks as well. Hosea still thought about you a lot. He knew that he made his choice and left with Dutch, he knew at the time that it was goodbye. Admittedly, he hadn't expected you to tell him never to visit you and to stay away from you but he couldn't blame you for it. When ever he was near your house he wanted to visit you but he knew that you didn't want him too so he stayed away. He had seen you in town once and it broke his heart. Some times he wished that he had stayed with you but this gang had already become his family. Hosea still loved you, more than anything. He knew that if he ever saw you again, he wouldn't be able to leave you again.

Your father had passed away so you left your house behind, deciding to go out on your own as a con-woman and criminal. You worked alone and you were happy like that, at least for now. Of course you still thought about Hosea every now and again. You loved him and you still love him, you hadn't met any other man that could compare. You just kept telling yourself that you had to give yourself more time for your feelings to fade away. You were never going to see Hosea again, you didn't even know where he was now. A part of you didn't even want to see him again. He made his choice and he left you. You accepted that but you couldn't deny that you still had feelings for him. 

-----

You had travelled far from your home, getting away from the town and the people who knew you. You spent most of your nights in temporary camps or paying for rooms in hotels or saloons, it wasn't ideal but you were getting by. 

You left your room in the saloon and walked down the stairs, towards the bar. You looked around and saw a young man sitting at the bar, ordering a drink. He didn't quite look like he belonged here, he was definitely just passing through or here for some sort of work. You decided that he would make a decent target for the morning. You straightened out your skirt before wandering over to him but before you could get to him another man joined him. 

This man was dressed a little nicer than the younger one, and his black hair was slicked back against his head but you couldn't see his face. You shrugged, deciding to just find some money somewhere else. Before you could turn around and walk away the new man turned to you. You froze slightly, you never thought that you would see him again.

But there he sat, Dutch van der Linde. When he saw you he furrowed his brow at you like he was trying to remember your face or where he knew you from. Once he seemed to remember his face lit up with a charming smile. 

You turned to leave but he spoke up. "Excuse me, Miss. Can we get you a drink?" Dutch asked as he stood up from the bar and walked towards you, followed by the younger man, who looked a little confused.

"No, you can't" you shook your head and continued to walk away. 

"Miss L/N, I understand that I probably didn't make the best first impression so please allow me to make a second" Dutch pushed, still following behind you.

"Mr van der Linde, there is no need to do that" you sighed as you turned around to face him, crossing your arms over your chest.

"Hosea is with us, he is going to meet us here" he told you, it was obvious that he was trying to get you to stay so that you could reunite with Hosea. The truth was that Dutch could see that Hosea clearly missed you, even after all this time, and Dutch actually felt guilty for being the thing that got between you both. He felt as if he had to make things right again and this was the perfect opportunity.