Chapter 23

An: hello there will be a photo of the tattoo Rex is getting soon

After dropping Laura off we all head to the house to hang because we were tired and wanted to finish homework or other stuff we have to do.

I walk in and call out 'Beth!!! I need you get your butt in here!'

Beth comes in and says 'what what do you want'

Rex- I need a magical barrier I want to grab something from my room in hell it will take a minute.

Beth- okay go ahead.

I go back to hell and grab my guitar electric and acoustic.

I teleport back and see a surprised Zoey and Sam. Griff was in the living room! With wide happy eyes.

Griff- guys get your butts in here! Rex got her guitar!!

Everyone bolts in and sits on different spots.

Sam- what the fudge is going on? I have never seen the 6 of them move so fast unless food was involved but this was still faster.

seriously wtf is happening. Zoey says while I sit down putting the guitar strap on my shoulder.

Rex- just a heads up I haven't played for a while and my arm is sore from earlier. So sorry if I suck.

Max-who cares it is gonna be great like it always is so hurry up and start!

Zoey- seriously I am still confused

Lican- Rex is an amazing singer but very early sings or plays for anyone and it is even more rare to see her play and sing at the same time.

Kris- it happens maybe once every 100 years or so sometimes it is more time then that.

Lexa-is she really that good?

Monica-just wait and see for your self

Artemis- What are you gonna play for us today?

Rex- one of my favorite longs right now

I tune my guitar really fast and start strumming the beginning cords to 'You are the only exception'

When I was younger I saw my daddy cry
And curse at the wind.
He broke his own heart and I watched
As he tried to reassemble it.

And my momma swore
That she would never let herself forget.
And that was the day that I promised
I'd never sing of love if it does not exist.

But darling,
You are the only exception.

When I was singing the chorus I looked at Zoey  
I could see tears start to well up in their eyes.

Maybe I know somewhere deep in my soul
That love never lasts.
And we've got to find other ways to make it alone.
Or keep a straight face.

And I've always lived like this
Keeping a comfortable distance.
And up until now I have sworn to myself
That I'm content with loneliness.

Because none of it was ever worth the risk.

Well you are the only exception.
You are the only exception.

I've got a tight grip on reality,
But I can't let go of what's in front of me here.
I know you're leaving in the morning when you wake up.
Leave me with some kind of proof it's not a dream.
Oh-oh-oh-ohhh.

You are the only exception. [4x]

And I'm on my way to believing.
Oh, and I'm on my way to believing.

I finish the final note with my eyes closed.

Octavia- so your a badass ruler of hell with an angelic voice.

Max- pretty much. We almost started a band a couple years ago but it didn't work out.

I laugh while taking my guitar off and setting it down. I look at Zoey who hasn't talked at all and was looking at her hands.

Rex- Zoey? She doesn't respond. 'Can you guys give us a minute'

They leave knowing that I am serious.

Rex- If I was that terrible just tell me, but say something silence is worse then anything you could say.

Zoey- I hate you

I am flabbergasted I knew we were enemies before but I thought we got passed it.

Rex- oh okay... umm i will tell Max to switch with you or I will just sleep out here on a couch. Umm sorry if I forced you into a relationship or if you ever felt pressure to be in a relationship with me. Um i am tired and need a shower so yah..

I say as I turn to head upstairs

Zoey- where r you going you dork. You are taking this the wrong way

Rex- what do you mean you said you hate me, that is pretty clear.

Zoey - no I meant it like I hate you because you are to good

Rex- that still doesn't explain anything

Zoey- you lost so much and have sacrificed so much for the good of others not caring what happened to you. You are caring and want to help others. Even if you wont admit it I can tell you love teaching Octavia and Lexa all your little tips and tricks. You are perfect. And it is intimidating and I hate that I am not more perfect for you because you deserve better then the awkward human being that I am. So I dont hate you. I hate myself for not being better for you.

I am majorly surprised by what Zoey said because I am 100% sure they are too good for me.

Rex- Well I am not gonna deny the Octavia and Lexa thing because you already know me to well. But I am just a demon with problems and insecurities just like anyone else so don't think I am perfect. Don't hate yourself you are all I want and need in this world so don't even think about trying to change. I love you for you with all your flaws and insecurities. You can doubt anything you want but don't doubt that I love you. I say while walking up to them and lift their chin to make them look at me.

Zoey had tears in their eyes as they grab my face and kisses me pouring all their emotion into the kiss trying to express what they are feeling. I don't know how but it felt better then any other time we had kissed.

Zoey pulls back only a little bit and rests their forehead against mine.

Z- i love you too

I grab my chest as I feel a thump the last thing I remember is the ceiling and Zoey calling my name as I sense Artemis and Max run into the room

AN: sorry for the clif hanger but it is fun to mess with readers but I love you guys!!