Chapter 30

AN: Enjoy

We walk into our school's gym and the whole gym erupts as we enter. I see Octavia wave at the fans. 

I roll my eyes at her as Lexa just laughs at her antics. We all walk up and approach Coach. 

Coach- Okay Ladies! Let's kick some ass! She says excitedly but realizes what she says and quickly says 'Don't tell Dolls I said that.' We all nod. 'Okay, Octavia and Lexa lead the team in layup lines for a warm up. Captains are going to get called eventually but I was Rex and Octavia to join Lexa for an intimidation aspect. Rex is scary AF!'

Lexa- Understood. But just a heads up Rex already scared the shit out of them slightly.' 

Coach just laughs and gives us two balls to start warm-ups.

We walk over to our side of the court and divide into two lines. I am in the rebounding line with Mellisa and Bri. Lexa, Octavia, Pheonix, and Wesley are all in the shooting line. After two or three rounds through we switch to medium range shots around the free throw line. After another couple of rounds, we move farther back to three-pointers. Octavia is a really good shot even if she is on the smaller side. 

Ref 1- Captains! The Ref yells. 

Lexa, Octavia, and I all walk up to center court but I was hanging back a little. The other girls walk up to the bench to get ready to play. I see Lexa and Octavia reach center court and hear one of the girls from the other team whisper to Mackenzie 'Thank god the scary one with the scar isn't a captain.' 

At that point, I pop up from behind Lexa and say 'Hi!' I see the girl and Mackenzie jump and move away slightly. 

The two refs give me a weird look but the second ref continues saying 'Okay girls let's keep this match clean. I don't want to see any foul play.' I am standing with my arms crossed and a bored expression on my face. I look at Mackenzie giving her an evil smirk and after she does everything in her power to avoid eye contact. 

The first ref continues 'Make sure everyone on your teams has no hair ties, bracelets, necklace's or earrings on.' 

P2- Is wearing a glove legal?

Ref 1 looks at me and says 'It is. Their coach called in advance to make sure it is legal. We just need to inspect it and make sure it doesn't have any alterations that could make her play better, otherwise, it is 100% legal. 

Mackenzie-Fair enough. 

Ref 2- If that is all the questions go back to your teams and get your starters ready for tip-off. Everyone walks away but me and I let the Ref take a quick look at my glove and he gives me a nod of approval and lets me go back to the bench. 

I walk up just in time to see everyone taking off their warm-up outfits. I take mine off quickly and circle up with the rest of the team in time to hear the coach say 'Lexa, Octavia, Rex, Wesley, and Melissa you are starting. Rex are you okay to jump?' I nod. 'Okay then let's go out there and kick some ass!' We all yell in agreement. 

Lexa- Knights on three knights on me! One. Two. Three.

All- Knights!! 

Us five starters walk out onto the court. I stand in the middle with Octavia on my right. Lexa on my left. Wesley is on the other side of the court and Melissa is behind me. The other team is set up in a similar fashion. One of the other team's girls was jumping against me. I was really tall for a girl, especially in high school. I was about an inch and a half or so taller than the other girl. 

The ref blows his whistle and dribbles once before throwing the ball in the air. I easily win the tip and the ball goes to Wesley who quickly passes to Octavia as we dribble down the court. I end up in the left corner. I see an opportunity and run up and set a screen for Octavia who uses it and passes to Lexa who did a back door cut for a layup. 

The first quarter goes by in a similar manner, sometimes they would stop us from scoring and then make some points or vice versa. It is just before half time and we have about ten seconds. I decide to set a screen again because the girl guarding Lexa was on the smaller side (I have done this to a girl in a real basketball game I felt bad but it was hella funny). I make eye contact with Lexa and give her a nod as I run up to her. She dribbles toward me and the girl guarding her doesn't notice me and runs straight into me and gets knocked on her ass trying to run through me. Lexa runs past me and pulls up for an easy three and drains it easily right when the buzzer goes off and the score at the half is 48-44 us in the lead. 

I walk up to the girl that I knocked down and offer my hand saying 'need a hand?' 

She gives me a thankful smile and grabs my hand while I easily pull her up. 

She responds with a quite 'Thanks' 

Rex- Sorry about that by the way, I sometimes forget that I am a lot bigger then most kids and it can hurt if they run into me. What's your name by the way?' She is small but she has a magical aura. My bet is she is a healer. 

Kit- I am Kit, don't worry about it. I am clumsy as is and I get knocked down a lot in this game because of my size. Also, who is the girl in the stands wearing a letterman jacket from your school who is shooting daggers at me?' 

I look behind us and see Zoey starring at us and glaring at Kit. 

I laugh and say 'That's my girlfriend Zoey. They are really sweet if you get to know them, but they can get jealous sometimes.' 

Kit- My boyfriend gets like that sometimes I totally understand. And why are you saying they it is only one person?

Rex- Zoey is non-binary and uses they/them as their pronouns instead of She/her like we do.

Kit- Ohh makes sense. 

Coach- Lucy, get over here! I heard my coach say. 

Rex- Sorry got to go! We should talk more after the game?

She nods and runs back to her team as I do the same. 

AN: Sorry again for leaving a small cliff hanger. The next update should be tomorrow!