One

The alarm went off next to my bed and I groaned while slapping it off with my hand and sending it flying to the floor. I throw the blankets off and sit up, knowing that if I don't then I'll never get up. I run a hand through my thick waist length pale blonde hair and then head to the bathroom to brush my teeth and apply some eye liner and mascara. I'm still half asleep so when I walk into the kitchen and see Eric sitting at the kitchen table with my mom and dad, Mikael and Leslie, I have to take a second look.

         "Isn't it a little early for visitors?" I asked with a small smile, giving my mother and father kisses on the cheeks and giving Eric a respectful nod.

         "We had some leadership business to discuss." My father says and I nod, the room fills with an awkward silence.

         "Alright well I'm going to go change and get breakfast before catching the train." I tell them and my father nods but my mother speaks.

         "Are you nervous?" She asked with a kind smile and I feel all their eyes on me.

         I scoff and I roll my eyes. "I'm 100% pure Dauntless. No doubt in my mind! And I'll be a leader before you know it!" I tell them and they all seem happy with my answer, even Eric gives a tiny grin. I leave the kitchen and go back to my room where I slip into a pair of black skinny jeans, a maroon tank and a tight black sleeveless vest. I pulled on my ankle height black boots and look in the mirror one last time before walking out. I give them a small wave and notice Eric eyeing me up and down. It was more than weird that he was there. Normally my father would only meet with leaders in the offices or meeting rooms.

I shrugged it off and quickly made my way to the cafeteria to meet with Marlene, Uriah, Lynn and Connor.

         I see them sitting at our usual table and hurry to grab the spot between Connor and Lynn. Lynn's once long blonde hair was now buzzed off but she was still beautiful. Marlene has short wavy dirty blonde hair and Uriah's dark skin stood out with his buzzed hair. Connor was the biggest one in our group. Tall, broad shoulders and covered in muscles. His blonde hair was almost as light as mine.

         "Hey! Kray!" Connor says and throws an arm around my shoulder for a moment before pulling away and letting me fill my plate.

         "What's up guys? You nervous?" I asked them and they all seemed to think that was as silly a question as I did.

         "Yeah right! Dauntless born and raised!" Uriah yells and we all cheer, including the kids around us.

         "DAUNTLESS! DAUNTLESS!!" I start the chant while slamming my metal cup to the table and people around us start chanting as well. I stand on the bench and the next thing you know everyone is jumping up and down and it would seem like a riot if we weren't all praising our faction. I look towards the entrance and see Eric, Max and Angelica run in. But when they see what's going on their looks of worry and annoyance turns into looks of pride and satisfaction.

         My eyes meet Eric's as I continue to lead the chant and a small smirk slides onto his lips.

        "We are here!" Lauren yells to us. She was one of the Dauntless members that were in charge of taking us to the aptitude testing. "Get ready!" She called again and then as soon as the grass was in sight, we all started jumping. I ran and jumped, my feet hit the grass and I ran as fast as I could with the others to get in line.

         "Could you imagine being a stiff?" Marlene asked and we all looked in the direction of the people in grey.

         "No way in hell. I'd be Factionless in a second." I say and they all agree with me. Soon enough we are filing in and the test are underway. I see Tory and she gives me a wink before shutting the door behind her after letting an Abnegation walk into the room.