Five

"Yeah unless I get the flag... what do I get if I do?" I asked Eric as we rode the train and headed towards the old carnival grounds for the war games.

"If you get the flag. I'll get you a whole cake to yourself." He says with a small smirk and I roll my eyes.

"Do you really think cake is the way to my heart?" I asked and he nodded.

"I know it is. For a fact." He says and smiles down at me. I couldn't help but blush. Over the last few weeks he has actually tried, I'm not sure if he was just pretending or not, but I didn't care, he was actually making me kind of happy.

I look behind his shoulder and see that Four just pulled in the Stiff. I know for a fact that Eric told everyone she was out.

"Eric." I say and nod towards her direction. He quickly turns and looks. He walks towards them and I stand back and watch the interaction with a smirk. For a small moment I thought he might push her out the open door.

"Alright listen up!" He called out "This is a Dauntless tradition so I expect you all to take it seriously. Two teams! Four and I are captains." He says and looks to four.

"You first." Four says and they quickly divide up the transfers. Four picked the stiff and it didn't surprise me at all. I could tell that he was getting a soft spot for her.

Then they started dividing up the Dauntless Born and Four shocked everyone right off the bat.

"I'll take Kraven." He says and I look at him completely speechless.

"Stealing my girl... That's a cold one." Eric says and Four shrugs.

"You'll be alright without her for a few hours." I quickly make my way to Four's side and he gives me a small smile that only I see and I give him one back.

Eric's team jumps off first and then we go a little after him.

"You trying to piss him off?" I asked as we walked a bit.

"Oh you know, it's my number one hobby. I even snagged two of your friends." He says and I fall back from him to get instep with Uriah and Lynn.

"You know I love you guys right?" I tell them and Uriah rolls his eyes.

"I'm not taking a shot for you." He says making me and Lynn laugh.

"Oh but Uriah..." I pretend to be sad and he just rolls his eyes.

"Get away from me." He jokes and I can't help but laugh.

"Alright we need to get a plan..." The next thing I know we are all bickering and I notice Four has followed the stiff.

"Guys shut up! Here they come." I say as they come back and explain the plan to us.

"Kraven, I don't think Eric will shoot you so I think that you should be the one to take him on head first." Tris says and I laugh.

"Well you don't know Eric very well. He is probably dying for a chance to shoot me." I say and a few of the Dauntless born laugh with me. She changed her plans around and we are soon on the move.

I'm part of the group that moves around to distract Eric and we do just that. The shots are going through the air and most of it is a blur until I see Zac come at me with his gun and he pulls the trigger hitting me right the chest. I scream and fall to the ground in pain, wishing it to stop.

"Sorry doll." He says and runs off. I pull the transmitter out of my skin and toss it aside. I look towards him and aim my gun from the ground. Shooting him in the lower back. He screams and falls forward. I can't help but laugh.