Three

(outfit on side)

I look at Eric as he walks with me towards the train.

"You ready for today?"

"There is no doubt in my mind." I tell him and he nods.

"Good. There shouldn't be." He says and I nod as I see the train approaching. "I'll be on the roof when you get back as an initiate. Try to keep your mouth closed and blend in, alright?" He tells me and I roll my eyes.

"Come on Eric... You wouldn't want to marry me if I blended in!" I tell him before running and jumping onto the train. I look around the car and spot my friend standing together. "Hey." I say and Lynn gives me a smile.

I had told the truth about the Eric situation but they swore not to tell, and I trusted them. I didn't want people to know it was arranged. I wanted people to believe that someone could love me enough to spend forever with me. Connor slings an arm over my shoulder.

"How you doing today future bride?" He asked loudly and I groaned.

"Shut up Connor! People are looking." I say but with a small laugh.

"Eh let them stair." Uriah says. "They are just jealous." He says and I look at him confused.

"Of me marrying Eric? I highly doubt it." I say and we all laugh. We quiet down and soon enough we come into the city.

I walk into the auditorium and look around, my mother and father should have already been here. I find them talking to Jeanine Mathews and I groan but walk over anyways.

"Ah, his must be your beautiful daughter, Kraven Collins. Are you excited about the choosing ceremony?" She asked me, a little to chipper.

"Yeah. I mean I'm Dauntless. So it's easy for me."

"Well of course! And congratulations on the engagement to Eric. He is a very lucky man." She says and I see my dad's eyes give me a warning glance.

"I'm the lucky one. He is a wonderful man." I tell her and she raises an eyebrow.

"Is that so? I've heard is rather ruthless, doesn't care much for others." She said and I knew for a fact that she was testing me, seeing where I really stood.

I stood up a little straighter and crossed my arms.

"A good Dauntless Leader is ruthless and he cares for me." I say and she nods with a small smile.

"Of course." She says and then walks away. My father and mother give me proud smiles. I wasn't sure why I got so defensive, even if I didn't like Eric, he was my fiancé now and no one else had a right to talk bad about him.

"Where did that come from?" My father asked as we found our seats among the other Dauntless.

"He is my Fiancé now and she has no right to talk down about him." I told him and he gave me an approving nod. My father was also a scary man, right next to Eric and Max. He was tall with broad shoulders a bald head but pretty great goatee and mustache. "Only I can do that." I add in and he just laughs.

The ceremony gets under way and the fifth dauntless to go, Robert, transfers to Abnegation. We all look at each other shocked but I'm next and I now have a point to make. It was embarrassing that a dauntless would leave, especially for Abnegation. I quickly make my way onto the stage and grab the knife. I flip it high into the air, hear a few people gasp, and then catch the blade with my palm. I pull the handle and let the blood fall into the coals.