Chapter 3

Claire’s POV

    *ring ring* I shut my alarm off and got up, I check my phone and it was four a.m. I got on my gym clothes and head to work out, my daily routine. After about an hour and half of working out, I got out and went back to the house to take a quick shower and start breakfast. I got out the shower and got dress, I went to Cassy’s room and open up the door, “C’ mon Cassy, get up, it’s our first day of school”.

I turn on the light and left, with the door open of course. I went back to the kitchen to check to see the coffee done and to see dad sitting down reading the paper. I pour a cup for me and dad and gave it to him, “So, anything interesting on the paper” I ask “Nope, not really”.

After a few more minutes the food was ready and I sat everything down. “Cassy, get down here before the food is gone”. I heard her coming and I started eating after everybody ate, I put the dishes in the sink, and got ready for school.

I went outside and got on my bike, I said bye to my father and headed to school. I stop close to the school and took a deep breath, new school, new town, new life. It’s time to forget everything that happens in these past years. I turn in the schoolyard and park. I got off the bike and took my helmet off, all the boys were looking at me. “Ready Claire” I shook my head and start walking. Everybody was looking at me and whispering, and this time is when I wish I have super hearing powers, but sadly I don’t.

We got in the school and head to the office, “may I help you” the desk lady said, “yes, we are new students, my name is Claire Wilson and this is Cassy Wilson”. She smiles and went in her drawer and pulled out our schedules. “Here you go girls, your schedules, and your locker numbers. Every book you need will be in your locker. Welcome to Buna Highschool”. We smile and left, we went our separate way to look for our lockers.  

After a while of looking for my locker, I finally found my locker. I got my stuff right when the bell rang. I quickly close the door and went to find my class. I was looking at my map when I ran to a wall, I fall down and my stuff went everywhere. “Damn it” I look up to see a boy looking down at me, I stared at him for a few minutes then it hit me “oh my god, I am so sorry, I wasn’t watching where I was going”. I said embarrass. He chuckled and held out his hands, I gladly took it, I felt something wierd but I didnt pay attention to it. He easily picks me up, I smile and said thank you. I start picking up my books and I had one more left. I was starting to pick it up when I touch his hand, electricity pass through me, but it felt so good like my life was complete.

I quickly pull back and look up, I saw an emotion in his eyes but it disappeared as fast as I saw it. “Umm thanks,” I said while grabbing my book from his hands, I look away and quickly left. After a few more minutes I finally found my class. I open the door and said, “Sorry, I couldn't find the class” I said looking at the teacher. He was an older guy with white hair, very muscular, in his age, he must be in his late forties early fifties.

“It’s fine, just sit down, Miss. Wilson”. I sat down in the back, while everyone was watching me. There was a seat next to me and I prayed that no one will seat there.