Chapter 13

Beep, beep, beep

I awoke with a scare, I looked around and saw that I wasn't in my hotel room. I brush my fingers through my hair when I felt a bandage on it. Then a tiny bit of images came rushing through my head, dads death, me running, and the bridge. I must be at a hospital, I thought I would've died at that bridge. The door open and a nurse walked through, " well look whos up, aren't you lucky" Said the nurse. I smiled, "How did I get here?" She looked at me and sign, " well you was half dead when you came here, two people was hiking when they found you, you somehow ended up on bank. You was there for a couple of days". I shook my head, not knowing what to do with the information.

"What day is it" "Sunday, we've been out for close to a week". Sunday!!!! Omg!!!! I missed the funeral!!! "Did someone get my motorcycle"? "So that was yours, yes, it at Peter's towing company". Great I thought. I jumped up and took my iv out and got my cloths, which thankfully was right beside me. I ran out and looked for a exit.

The doctors and nurses was yelling at me, but I kept running. Once I knew I was a clear distance from the hospital I stopped running, wish was a good thing, I was feeling kinda dizzy. But I kept walking knowing i will find a store somewheres and get my bike then head home.

After a while of walking I found a little cafe and went inside, "yes, may I help you". "Yes, do you know where peters towing company is?" I asked. "Why yes, its two blocks from here" "Great thanks". I left quickly, not wanting to stay there long, I don't know if the hospital called the cops. All I know is getting my bike, is going to be tricky.

I decided to wait until night to get it, since I only have enough money to get more gas, I will have to steal it. Once it was dark I went to the towing place and quickly ducked. The hospital must've told the police, there was at least two cops cars by the entrance. Damn. I walked around trying to find another gate when I spotted a person, I could tell it wasn't a police, "hey! What are you doing" the person jumped and turned around. "Shush, I'm trying to do something". I walked over to him and saw that he was cutting a hole in the fence.

"Are you trying to steal something" "Why should I tell you" " because if you are, we have something in common". He stood up and looked at me. "Names Paul" he put his hand up and i took it, I was about to say my name when I stopped. He got back down to finish the cutting. "So, why are you trying to steal something and what are you stealing" he asked " I'm trying to get back home, and I need my bike to do it. You?" "Well, lets just say I have my own reasons".

After a while he got a hole in the fence, we went inside the yard, carefully and quietly. After a few minutes of looking for my bike, I found it. But it didn't go as plan. "You, stop right there" I looked up and saw a policeman coming towards me. I was about to run when he just fall down, I looked up to see Paul standing over him, with a wrench. "What the hell!?!" "What? You wasn't gonna do nothing. Don't worry he's still breathing". I was about to yell at him again, when I saw more flashlights. Not wanting to get caught again, I quickly got on my bike, luckily I had a extra key hidden in the bike.

I quickly raced through the hole, since he made it big enough for the bike, I could see Paul behind me. Once I knew I was out of the town, I stopped on the side of the road, with Paul behind me. " What are you doing? Following me?" I said walking towards him. "I was just making sure you got away okay" "Why?" He sighed and got up, he walked closer to him, until he was right up to me. I didn't know what to do or say. Then he touched the bandage on my head. "oh, well I'm fine, I just got to go". With that I said bye and thank you and got on my bike and left.