Chapter 34

34

Sam's POV

I held her tightly, hating that she's crying. I rubbed her back and kissed her head, showing her that I'm here for her. After she stopped crying, she looked up at me and smiled a small smile. I put my hand on her cheek and creased her cheek. She leaned into my hand and closed her eyes, I smiled and grabbed her. I put her on my lap and moved she I was leaning on the wall. " Love, can you tell me what happened? Please"? She leaned her head on me and looked up. "I don't know...". " Love, you can't go through this alone. You have to trust someone". I said, trying to get through to her. She looked at me with those big brown eyes, the eyes that I've grown to love, the eyes that I want to see everyday at every minute. She breathed and looked up at me. "Okay... I'll tell you, but you have to promise me that you will not get mad and run off, that you will let me tell you the whole story before you speak. Okay"? "Okay, I promise". I replied. I pulled her closer to me, knowing that what she is about to tell me is gonna be the hardest thing I will hear.

She took a deep breath breath and began to speak. "Okay... first off". . . I listened to her closely, grabbing her tightly while listening to her. I tried to control my anger, but everything she told me I just wanted to find those people and rip their hearts out. After she finished speaking, she moved away, but I quickly pulled her back, not wanting her to leave me. "Sam" she spoke softly, "say something. Please." I looked down at her to see her eyes are full of tears, I can tell she is holding her tears back. "Why didn't you tell me?" I asked quietly. "I-I didn't know how to tell you" she responded, while standing up.

I stood up not hearing her, all I could hear was the word she said, the word that makes my skin crawl... she was raped... again... and I wasn't there to save her... "Sam..." I heard her whispered, she walked towards me and tried to grab my hand. I pulled back, stepping backwards, I saw the hurt in her eyes. I wanted to hold her but I couldn't. "Sam, I'm sorry," she said, trying to hold back the tears. I walked around her and ran outside. Once I was outside I swift in my wolf.

CLAIRE'S POV

I watched him swift in his wolf and watched him ran, I wanted to follow him, but I couldn't. I was too afraid to, I was afraid of stepping out of the house, afraid that if I follow him, he may hurt me. I closed the door and walked back up to our room. I knew I shouldn't have said anything, I knew I should've fought more, if I did this wouldn't have happened to me. None of it. I should've died on that bridge, all I have cause in life is pain and misery. I laid on the bed hugging the pillow, wishing Sam was here to comfort me, but he wasn't and it's all my fault. Knowing that when he comes back he will probably reject me, and I deserve it. I know I don't deserve him, he deserves someone who isn't all fucked up, who isn't weak. With that thought in mind I drifted off to sleep.

BAM... I quickly got up and looked around, I heard breathing and a shadow figure by the door. Then his scent, but I smelled something else in his scent, something strong. I quickly turned on my lamp and saw him. "Sam... are you okay"? "I'm fine" he slurred. Yep, he is drunk, and to get a werewolf drunk, they have to drink a lot. He stumbled over to me and I quickly got him. I can smell the liquor in his breath, making me want to gag. I helped him to the bed and sat him down. "I told you I'm fine" he slurred looking at him.

I ignored him and moved the blankets so he can lay down. "Lay down" I instructed, while pushing him a little bit. He obliged and looked at me. "You know this is your fault". I looked at him, "what do you mean"? He sat up and looked at me straight in the eyes, like he was sober. "You made me get drunk, you and that story you told me. You are making me go insane". I looked at him in shock, not really knowing what to say, "get some sleep". He laid make down and I turned off the night. I stayed where I was until I heard his breathing go slower, proving he was asleep. I quietly opened the door, stepping out. Once I was down the stairs I started breathing again. What he said shocked me, I wasn't expecting him to say that, I know it's true and I know I deserve worse than that, but actually hearing it from him. I just don't know what to do or say. I grabbed my phone and called Sarah, needing to talk to someone about all of this.

"Hello" I heard her say. "Hey, it's me. Did I wake you up"? I whispered. "No, it's fine. What's up? She replied, I can tell she's more awake now. "Do you think you can meet me somewheres". "Yea, sure". I told her where to go and I started walking towards the woods. I went behind a tree, took off my clothes and shifted into my wolf. I let her take control, trying to figure out what to say to sarah, and how to explain everything to her.