Chapter 5

It was a bunny… “Hey little bunny, you scared me”. It hops away and I look up. I saw some greenish color eyes, just staring at me, they look so familiar like I know them from somewhere. Before I could look any deeper, it ran away. After a while I started to walk back, that’s when I heard rustling, I turn around and grab my knife, again.

It's coming closer and closer and “Sam, is that you”? “Well, looks like you know my name”. “Small school and you’re popular”. “Yea, I guess”. “If you don’t mind me asking, but what the hell are you doing here, you scared me”. “Yea, says the girl with the knife”. “Well, I didn’t know if you were a serial killer or not”. With that, I started walking back to my house. “Wait Claire” “looks like you know my name too” “like you said small school. So do you want to go to a party”?

“I don’t know, I’m not much of a party girl”. “Oh c’ mon, it will be fun”. “Maybe”. I smiled and I walked away.

    “Claire”! Cassy yell. “In my room” I yell back. She opens my door and sat down. “So there’s a party tonight and-” “I’m not going” “and what can I do to make you go” “You know why I don’t want to go”. “Yea I guess”. With that, she walks away and I laid on my bed. I heard Cassy saying bye to my dad and them leaving, I wonder where dad is going to this late?

    I got up when I knew everyone was gone and went into the living room, but I didn’t make it, I got my keys and got on my bike. I don’t know how I made it there but I did. I got off my bike and headed to the party knowing it’s gonna be a huge mistake.

    People were already drunk, making out, dancing, and drinking some more. I was squeezing through people trying to find Cassy to see how drunk she is when I bump into someone. “You came”. I look up to find Sam smiling down at me. “ Yeah, I came so Cassy can get home safely” “So I couldn’t ask you for a drink, can I?” “ No, I don’t think so”. I turn around and saw Brittany walking towards me greatly just what I need.

    I turn around to try to lose her when she grabbed my hand. How did she get to me so fast? “I wasn't finished with you today, bitch. And you left.” “Yea, that's because I was finished with you, just like I am now, so let go of me.” I tried to pull my arm out of hers but I couldn’t budge it, damn when did she get so strong. “Listen here bitch, you are gonna listen to me, I’m the boss around here, so listen closely”. “No you listen closely,” I said interrupting her, “you are not the boss of me”. “Do you have any idea what I can do to you?” she said with a snare. “No, do you know what I can do to you… you don’t know me, you have no idea who I am and what I can do”.

She let go of me a throw her fist straight to my face, I wasn’t ready for it and got hit straight in the nose. I stumbled back but caught my balance easily, she smiled and threw her fist at me again, but this time I was ready. I caught her fist easily and slowly walked closer to her, her fist still in my hand. “You had a freebie, and that’s all you get”. I threw her fist down and walked off, I turned around and said: “be careful who you try to punch”.

    I turned around ready to get out of here, it was already one o’clock, after a few more minutes of trying to find her, I spotted her talking to a boy. I went up and said, “Cassy, c’ mon, it's getting late and we still have to go to school tomorrow”. “ But I don’t wanna” she slurred. I shook my head and said to the guy “ Sorry, but I should take my sister home before anything happens”. I grab Cassy's’ arms and lead her to the car completely ignoring the guy. I didn’t want to be mean, but my nose was bleeding and I needed to get out of here.

    After I managed to get Cassy home without getting puked on, I put on my PJs and stepped outside for a few minutes, trying to get my mind off of things. While I was standing outside, something caught my eyes, deep glowing blue eyes, so blue they look like the ocean. I stared at them, getting lost in the eyes. After a few minutes of staring, they disappeared, I wonder who or what it was. Not giving it a second thought I went inside and fell asleep on my bed, dreaming good dreams.