Chapter 6

Chapter 6

    I awoke with the sound on my alarm, I shut it off and went to the bathroom, luckily that bitch didn’t break my nose. Not feeling like working out hard this morning, I quickly did some situps and pushups in my room and took a shower. “Cassy wake up” I yelled at her, she moaned and got up “ehh, turn off the lights and leave me alone, I’m not going to school today”. I shook my head and turned off the lights and shut the door. Normally I would fight with her but I just don’t feel like it.

    I knocked on my dads' door and said to get up, I didn’t leave until I saw the lights turn on after I saw them, I left and cooked some breakfast for me and dad and made some coffee. Since we all know coffee is the only thing that keeps everybody alive. I put the plates down right when he walked into the kitchen. “ Morning baby girl” I smiled at the old nickname, he calls me every now and then. I said morning back and sat down to start eating.

    “Where is your sister at” “ Still in bed, I’m gonna let her sleep in today, I just didn’t feel like fighting with her this morning”. He shook his head knowingly, he knows how hard it takes to get her up sometimes. We made small talk while we ate, I check the time and told him I had to leave. I got my leather jacket and helmet.

    A few minutes later I parked my bike at the school and get off, regretting going to school today and dealing with the bitch, but I put on a good face, I know that I can’t let her get under my skin, cause if she does, then she won, no matter what. I met up with Sarah and Andrea. Andrea was talking to me a bit more, hopefully, she is starting to like me a little bit more.

    When the bell rang we went our separate way, when I got to my history class, I saw

Sam sitting at the table, he looked at me and smiled. I sat down and got my stuff out. “How's your nose,” Sam asked while we waited on the teacher. “It’s fine”, I replied, “ She didn’t hit that hard to break it”. “ Yea, sorry about that”. I turned around to face him, “ It wasn’t your fault”. He smiled and turned around right when the teacher walked in.

After history I headed to gym since Sam got stopped by some people, probably his friends, I left. I got to gym and got my gym clothes on. The P.E. teacher told us to stretch cause we’re gonna run a mile today. I and Sarah talked while we stretch waiting for Andrea to come.  Once everybody stretched we went outside to the track and wait for the teacher to say start. Brittany was about two people beside me, giving me the go to hell look.

I turn toward her and smiled, she got even madder, it was pretty funny. We heard the whistle and we took off, I was behind two people, but easily catching up to them. I ran three times around the track, ahead of everyone, I slowed down a little, knowing I needed too when I felt a presence behind me. I turn my head to see Brittany breathing heavy to catch up with me. Not really caring if she gets ahead of me, I moved over to let her past. But she didn’t pass me when she got up with me, she just stayed there.

She looked at me and smiled, next thing I knew, my face was in the dirt, I got up and sat down, my shin was bleed and my knee was scraped, “are you okay” I looked up at Sam and smiled “Yea I’m good”. I got up with ease and dust off. “You sure”. I shook my head yes and took off to catch up with Brittany. I felt Sam's presence behind me then beside me.

I was right behind when we got to the finish line, my shin and knee was killing me after we passed it I slowed down to a walk. Brittany started to sit down when the coach said, “What are you doing Brittany? You still have one more lap left”.