Chapter 24

Chapter 24

Claire's POV

"So you order some food, while I go take a shower" I said getting off of Sam's lap. I still can't believe that I actually cried in front of Sam and told him everything that happened to me. "Claire… Claire"! I looked up to see Sam looking at me with worry in his eyes. "Are you okay"? "Yes I'm fine… really," I said, and it's true. "Okay, I'll order some food". He kissed my cheek and left. I quickly got in the shower and washed my hair. While I was in the shower I started thinking, about everything that happened. Dad didn't tell me nothing, all those months of dating that bastard, he didn't say nothing. I know I can't be mad at him and I'm not, I guess I'm more upset than anything. I need to talk to Cassy, I need to tell her everything, if she doesn't already know.

I quickly dismiss my thoughts and got out of the shower. I got dress and looked at myself in the mirror. All i see is a broken girl, who tries her hardest not to show emotion. A girl who's life is fucked up so badly that some days she ask why she survived that crash and her step mom who deserved to survive didn't. I saw Sam standing at the door, I smiled at him and he walked towards, he wrapped his arms around me and pushed me closer to him. I leaned into him, enjoying his comfort. "Can I ask you a question, Sam"? "Of course, Love".  "What do you see when you look at me" I asked, looking up at him. "Well… I see a beautiful girl… someone who has so much love inside of her but she is afraid to show it because if she does she's afraid that they will reject her", I smiled at him, "I also see someone who went through a lot in her life, but she still fight for her family. She always put her family first no matter what happens. I also see someone who no matter how many times she falls down, she gets up". 

I turn around and hugged him, "I love you, Sam" "I love you too, come on the food is here". "Good, I'm starving". I ran down the stairs and saw pizza on the table. While we ate, we watched a movie and of course Sam decided to pick a horror film. I screamed when a pop-up came on and grabbed on to Sam hiding my face in the blanket. "Don't worry, it's just a movie". "Shut up" I murmured. He chuckled and put his arm around me. "Is this why you picked a horror movie, so I could hold on to you". "Maybe" he said with a smirk. "You are so mean" I said while hitting his chest, "and you are so violent," he said while laughing. During the middle of the movie, I guess I fall asleep. The last thing I remembered was being carried to bed by Sam. "Goodnight Love"  

I woke up by the screaming of my alarm clock. Five-thirty… awesome… hint the sarcasm. I tried getting up when I felt something holding me down… Sam. I stayed still for a minute and he loosen his whole on me, just enough to for me to quickly slipped out of his hold. I changed in some work out clothes and head to the gym. "Is this what you do every morning". I turned around to see Sam in the gym. I walk over to my phone and turned off my music. "Yep, I do this every morning, and sometimes during the day, depends if I'm stressed or angry or something". I said taking off my hand wrap. "How's your wrist"? he asked with worry in his voice.

"It's fine, don't worry" I said walking over to him. "I'm always worry about you. You should know that by now". Yeah I guess i should. He smiled at me and went for a kiss, I quickly dodged him. "Nope, I'm sweating and I stink". He grabbed my waist and pulled me closer to him, "I think you smell wonderful" he said seductively in my ear. I blushed and pulled him away from me while slapping him. "Come on, I need a shower, and we need to get ready for school" he groaned but followed me, after my shower, Sam hopped in while I went down to cook breakfast.

While making breakfast, I started thinking, how would my life be like if I never met Tyler and my stepmom never died. Would I still be in the city? Would I have ever met Sam? Would I ever know I was a werewolf, or would I go on with my life not knowing, not ever going through the swift. I can't imagine life without Sam anymore, I thought for the longest time I would grow old and die alone, not being able to find the perfect one, or being to afraid too. "You look so sexy cooking" I jumped and turn around to see Sam staring at me. "You scared me" I said putting my hand over my heart, I was being a little extra. He laughed at walked over to me, kissing me on the lips. "I'm sorry" he said while smiling. "You're forgiven" I said chuckling. "Why were you staring into space"? Sam asked while getting some coffee. "I was thinking about school" I lied. "Let me guess. Brittany". Just hearing her name I get mad. I know it's pathetic, letting her get under my skin. But what she said about me, about my father… lets just say, she's lucky she's not in the hospital in a coma or dead. "Don't worry Love, if she says something, just tell me". I smiled and put a plate of food down for Sam, I turned back around to fix my plate. "Sam, I know that you want to protect me, and I love you for that. Really I do, but there's some battles that I need to fight on my own. And it won't be the first time I had to deal with someone like Brittany" I said sitting down

     "What do you mean love" "Well, after what happened with my stepmom and… Tyler" I stop to see him tense up after I mention his name, "a lot of people started saying some shit. Like I actually wanted to do… that with Tyler… and that I was just ashamed that I did it, so I made up the whole rape thing. And some people said that I caused the crash. That I actually wanted my stepmom to be gone because I hated her". "That fight you had with Brittany… when she stabbed you that knife, you said that, that wasn't your first stab." He said looking at me, "Yeah… the bullying got very physical after a few months, I fought like every girl and boy at my old school. Some of them twice. They use to bring weapons with them". There was a lot of time I came home bloody, very bloody.

"I'm so sorry" he said. "Hey it's fine. I'm still alive" I said to him. He looked up at me and smiled, I can tell talking about my past upsets him, and I know, it upsets him that he wasn't there to protect me, but it wasn't his fault. He didn't know who I was. "We should get to school, its 740". I said looking at my phone while putting my dishes in the sink. He stood up and did the same thing, except he stopped to give me a kiss. I grabbed my leather jacket and the keys to my bike, I still have to think Sarah for bringing my bike back home. "Do you really have to ride you bike" "Yes" I said stepping outside. "At Least wear a helmet" Sam said throwing me my helmet. I easily got it and put it on.