Chapter 48

He jumped at me, I quickly blocked him only to feel his claws on my leg. I fell, feeling my leg go weak and the warmth of blood sweeping through my jeans, or what was left of them. I got up to see Taylor getting ready to attack. I had two choice, swift or die. And I don't pick go die, not now, not ever. I quickly swift, now my whole body engulf in flames. I growled, shaking the whole forest. When I did everybody bowed, except for Sam and Taylor. But I know it took a lot for Taylor to not bow, when I looked in his eyes though, all I saw was fear.

I jumped on him not waiting an longer, I could easily kill him, but I want to make him suffer. Like he made me. I clawed at his facing, making him go blind in one eye. He put his head down shaking it, his neck exposed. I jumped right on his neck, flipping is around while biting a huge chunk out of it, but not quite killing him quite yet. I saw Sam circling around the ring, trying to find a weak spot. I can see the worry in him and I hate that I''m making him worry, but this is something I have to do.

By the time I looked back to Taylor, he knocked me down grabbing ahold of my shoulder biting down hard enough to break skin and make me bleed. I pushed him off, standing up. When I did, it was like all of  my energy disappeared. The only thing that was still going was the fire ring, everything else was down. Taylor knew what was happening, he kept getting closer to me till he was breathing in my face. I growled trying to say that I'm not giving up, but failed miserably. He grinned a wolfy grin and attacked.

He got on me, I tried my hardest to kick him off but it was like all of my energy decided to leave me at this one moment. I can feel the teeth and claws grabbing me, breaking my skin. I can feel the sadness and anger radiating off of Sam, because he can't get to me. I look at my pack to see them all looking at me with worry in their eyes. They are probably thinking what is Sam going to be like if I don't make it out of here alive. I move my eyes so I can look directly into Sam's eyes, praying he knows that I tried my best to come out of this fight alive. I wanted to tell Samthat I love him one last time, I wanted to kiss him one last time. I couldn't  though because I didn't want this to be the last time I saw him and I told him the i love him. Soon the day day time turned dark, I couldn't  feel the sadness in Sam, I couldn't feel the tear of my skin. All I saw and felt was Darkness.

Then, I saw a light a bright light and out walked my Stepmom and my Dad, I turned around feeling another presense behind me and it was Sam, but not only Sam. It was Sarah, Laci, Heaven, and Elizabeth, all of my loved ones was here, but Sam and the rest wasn't looking at me totally. That's when I knew they wasn't actually here. I do know my dad and stepmom was here thou ghost. I turned around to see them, they looked so happy together. My stepmom walked up to me putting her hand on my cheek, I lean in missing the feeling of her hand closing my eyes I breath out, wishing this was forever, but there is something inside of me, something naggi mg at me knowing this isn't forever at least not now.

"Claire," she spoke softly, "You are strong, you always have been. You can not give up like this. I don't blame you for what happen to me, and neither should you. You are going to have a beautiful future with the love of your life. So you need to wake up and finish what you started." Her and Dad fade away, I wanted to run after them but I know I couldn't. I can't leave yet, I habe to much important people that needs me. I close my eyes, focusing on walking up. Soon I could smell the stink of blood and death, I could hear growling, I could feel the worry and sadness coming off of my mate, and I can feel the claws cutting me. It didn't hurt any though. Soon I felt Taylor's weight off of me, I open my eyes to see him walking away, thinking he killed me, but soon he will find out he didn't.

I got up feeling that power again, Taylor turn around and saw me, eyes full of shock. This time I am not going to give him a chance of getting me. I jumped using some powers to fly me to him, faster and harder. I grabbed his neck biting down, while flipping to get myself on bottom while twisting his neck. I felt the crack of his bones in my mouth, his head done a complete 360. I got back up, shaking the pain out of me. I walked towards Sam and made the fire line disappear. He ran up to me, sniffing my neck. I breathe a sign of relief and stayed there loving the comfront. Heaven walked up to me, in human form already wearing clothes. She handed me a shirt and some shorts. They made a circle so no one could see, I swift feeling the pain in my body, but I didn't show it. I still have one more person to deal with.

I turn around, where I know I left Cassy but she wasn't there. I circle around trying to find her, when I heard her voice. "You bitch!" She screamed. I walked pass Sam and stopped a few feet away from her. She had my bow and a arrow in her head. "Cassy, drop the weapons and I will make sure nothing happens to you." When I said that she laughed, she just fucking laughed. "I will not trust you," she snarled,"you tool everything away from me. First my birth mother, than my stepmom, than my dad, and my mate." I growled, protecting my dead pack member and myself, Sam growled, probably protecting me and his friend. "What happened to Matt was not me! You was the one who killed him"! I screamed. She put the arrow on the bow and pointed it at me, "Cassy, just stop okay, and nothing is going to happen to you." "No, I am getting sick and tired of losing things and you getting everything. Its time for you to feel the lost I feel," she pointed the arrow at Sam. Before  I knew what I was doing. I jumped in front if it, making it land right on my shoulder. I fell down in pain, but not only, my shoulder but my whole body, my adrenaline went away. Sam stood over me, looking at me with shock and pain eyes. At the side of my eye, I can see Cassy looking for another arrow. I grab the one in my shoulder and pulled it out. I know not the best plan.

I got up, walking towards her. Once I got there I knocked the bow out of her hand. She tried fighting back which made it worst, for her. I grabbed her right arm, knowing it is her dominant side, breaking it with a single turn. She screamed, but I shut her up with a punch in the mouth making her fall down. Before she could do or say anything, I picked her up by the neck only letting her tip toes touch. "All I have to do," I talked to her in a low threatening voice, "is squeeze a bit harder and you will be joining Taylor." I squeeze harder showing her I'm not kidding around, she gasp for breath and I let go only a little bit though. "I'm going to let you live," I growled letting her down, "but if I see you near or on my pack land, if I see you near one of my pack members. I won't give you a second chance, I will kill you".

She started backing up, "you have a count of three," I look up to the rest of the rogues, "you all have a count of three to get the hell off my pack land. 1..." I growled, I didn't have to say two because everybody ran out of there, like there was a fire chasing after them. I stumbled back, to Sam catching me. Oh how I wish I can go to sleep, but I know I can't. He looked at me with so much pride in his eyes, now I know where I belong.

With my pack. With him.

5 Months Later

Its been five months since we fought the rogues, five months since I killed Taylor, five months since I last seen Cassy, five months since I finally figure where I absolutely belong. It had been amazing five months. I made a full recovery and Sam has been more protective (and the pack) over me since that day. "SAM!" I yelled joyfully when I came him from the mall with the girls, but I didn't see him all I saw was papers up the wall with arrows pointing which way to go.

I put my bags down, following the signs, they was leading to our room. When I got there I saw the door crack a little bit, I opened it and was ready for anything that jump out at me. I just wasn't ready for what I saw. It was Sam on one knee holding a ring. "oh my god," I gasped, feeling tears in my eyes. "Claire," he said nervously, "you know i'm not good with words, so I'm just going to say it.  I love you with all I have... will you marry me?"

"Yes," I breath, running to him.