10| The Confrontation

Instinct is a marvellous thing. It can neither be explained nor ignored.
---Agatha Christie.

Once Derek settled Holly to sleep and stepped out of the room, he planned on going to get himself something to drink in the kitchen, until he noticed a faint line pouring out of the bottom slit of the door - a clear indication that someone was there

Once Derek settled Holly to sleep and stepped out of the room, he planned on going to get himself something to drink in the kitchen, until he noticed a faint line pouring out of the bottom slit of the door - a clear indication that someone was there. His suspicions had been confirmed when he heard loud banging noises coming from inside.

It sounded almost like pots and pans, crashing against hard ceramic tiles and thudding noises against the wall followed by heavy breathing and muffled groans. Derek felt sick all of a sudden and didn't know why.

He hadn't seen Melissa in a while and then it hit him, hard instilling an unreasoning fear in him. Was she in there with David? Could they be alone in there together?

After Derek reached for the handle, he braced himself, as that thought began to take residency in the dark matters of his mind.

After the door clicked open, Derek's stomach soured once he entered the kitchen. He had to lean against the door, from the shock of what he just walked into. He found David naked from the waist down with his pants lowered to the floor, suspended around his ankles.

He was standing situated in an upright position against the kitchen countertop, thrusting himself into what Derek perceived in his mind's eye to be his wife, kissing her, with one hand clasped firmly around her waist, and the other exploring every inch of her body. They looked as though they had been going at it in here for ages, without a care in the world about what they were doing.

Her legs had been spread out across the table, tightly wound around his waistline. Her breathing was laboured and the octaves in her voice grew ten decibels higher, the louder, she cried out David's name in the throes of passion.

She was the first to take the initiative, sensing someone's presence in the room and stopped mid-way before climaxing. She threw David off her, despite how much he relentlessly tried to push her back down and wanted to pick up where they'd left off. He didn't seem to care at all that Derek just walked on them having sex.

To Derek's relief, it turned out to be Victoria, not his wife, sliding off the kitchen countertop, the second she saw Derek standing behind them. The sound of her heels came crashing down on the tiled floor, right after she unfastened her legs around Davids's waist, grunting profanities under her breath knowing her jig was up.

She started fidgeting with her bra strap underneath her dress, adjusting it, so that her huge breasts were no longer exposed in plain sight, while fixing her messy red hair-do that had been noticeably dishevelled and out of place. Derek removed his gaze when she took out her necklace that had gotten stuck in between her cleavage.

She was enormous and the dress she was wearing exacerbated her breasts even more; doing very little at covering them up.  Her cheeks had been florid and she was breathing loudly, gasping profusely for air.