13 | All Hope Is Gone

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
- Agatha Christie.

Warning: Explicit content proceed with caution.

"Derek, say something!" He could hear Melissa howling at him from the top of her lungs, but Derek knew he had completely lost touch of reality at this moment. He could feel himself beginning to get light-headed - the floor beneath him starting to sway. He could see bright lights gleaming at him inside the room, of where he stood. He could hear people shouting from the distance, police in uniforms - charging in his direction, doors swinging open, but all that seemed minuscule in comparison to what he saw looking right back at him in the mirror.

That despicable woman's face, grinning, at him as if she found this whole thing amusing to her. It was as if she were rooting for his demise, of their marriage falling apart. All the pieces of the puzzle had somehow managed to finally fall into place, and Derek had started to realize that his life had now been taken over by this monster; someone that wasn't even real. But the question still remained in his mind, is why was she doing it? And when would this loathe some creature ever stop trying to sabotage his life?

"Can you see her?! Tell me you can see her?! She's there! Look at her! She's in the fucking mirror!" Derek seethed tightly clenching his fist, thinking to himself, at how badly he wanted to shatter that mirror into pieces with it.

"Derek, what are you talking about?!" Melissa choked mid-way through the tears that, she kept desperately fighting to restrain.For heavens sake, there's nobody there!"

"The man's off his rocker," Derek heard Edward quietly scoff in the back round." Best we leave, you need to get home - get some rest its been a rough night for all of us, "Derek heard Edward whisper to Melissa tugging at her blouse, to keep her from leaving his side.

Derek could see from of his peripheral vision, that her father was deliberately trying to keep Melissa away from him every time she would try and come near him. Derek's attention soon shifted when he saw all the cops closing off the house. They were coming in like drones, all ambushing him as if he were a dangerous criminal at large that they were getting ready to arrest and haul away. The entire police force had arrived and suddenly this place had become a high profile crime site. An arrogant looking cop who could have passed as a training officer bolted towards Derek at lightning speed. He stood there, feeling his legs trembling, while the man began to read him his rights whilst slapping the handcuffs on him seeing Edward cheerfully revel in the background at all this. He could see Melissa tucked away in the corner from all the madness and exposure, holding Holly as if someone were trying to steal her from her embrace. The part that hurt Derek the most was that she couldn't even look him in the eye. Her face was buried in Holly's little fluffy cotton blanket, disguising herself from the police.She was weeping in it, which only made Derek want to go and speak to her even more.