18 | A Distorted Reality

Hell is empty and all the devils are here.
William Shakespeare.

Derek recoiled back in horror, watching the detective, helplessly collapse to the floor

Derek recoiled back in horror, watching the detective, helplessly collapse to the floor. He glanced around the room, his eyes anxiously searching to see where that deplorable woman was; waiting with anticipation to see when she was going to strike her reign of terror on him next.

Suddenly, he heard a group of people in the hallway, outside, followed by a loud clamour of voices shouting vociferously at each other and it sounded as if they coming straight for this room.

Derek caught a glimpse of Mr Clarence lying on the floor; a pool of blood surrounding him, with almost every bone in his body broken and knew how bad this was going to look for him right now.

All he could do was remain fixed in his chair, awaiting his inevitable and
Impending doom, like a homicidal maniac anxiously awaiting his own execution on death row.

Derek leapt back in the chair, where he had remained for what felt like an eternity and watched the group of officers storm into the room, all armed with tasers and guns.

Before Derek could find the words to recite, from his own mouth, it was already too late, he was promptly shoved to the cold, hard floor, in a matter of seconds.

He noticed his handcuffs had been removed and were no longer cuffed to his wrists, it was as if she somehow removed them in the midst of all this, to frame him once again.

That bitch... He thought to himself furiously.

He imagined her watching all of this cloaked beneath the darkness, enjoying every minute of this, like the sick, sadistic, evil bitch she was.

Derek tried to stand up, but that had been his mistake, he was immediately thrown back down on the floor, and was brutally, attacked and beaten, by this swarm of angry police officers.

Derek screamed and pleaded for them to hear him out, but his arms were immediately forced behind his back and his desperate pleas went unnoticed.

He flinched and squeezed his eyes, shut while they forcefully slapped the handcuffs back on him, wishing to God that this was nothing more than a nightmare, but when he felt that immense ripple of pain shoot through his lifeless body, he knew this was no dream.

Derek felt, himself leaving this place; his body had gone numb and he felt depleted and paralysed, he began to wonder if being dead would have been a far more rewardable option then enduring this prolonged suffering any longer.

When he awoke he was now placed in a cold dark room with not even a window to spare him from this insidious torture, that was placed before his eyes, if hell ever existed he could say he had surely witnessed it first hand after finding himself here.

All that he had to keep him company was a stiff cold bed and a table, beside the wall.

The male nurse informed him that he was remanded to this psychiatric hospital, while he awaited his trial hearing.