12 | A Brutal Massacre

Evil is not any superhuman, but it is human.
Agatha Christie.

Warning: explicit content proceed with caution.

Derek entered the living room, as his thoughts recollected back to his dispute with Victoria earlier and wondered if that despicable woman had disappeared off somewhere to go and lick her wounds from their heated discussion for the time being

Derek entered the living room, as his thoughts recollected back to his dispute with Victoria earlier and wondered if that despicable woman had disappeared off somewhere to go and lick her wounds from their heated discussion for the time being. He saw Melissa and her father but Victoria had been strangely nowhere to be seen.

"Honey, have you seen my mom?"Derek heard Melissa ask leaping up from the sofa, as soon as she saw him come in.

"She's been gone a while and I want to go see where she's wandered off too,"she insisted."Knowing my mother - she's more than likely got lost somewhere."

Derek nonchalantly shrugged his shoulders, as If he were just as much as in the dark as she was even though, he knew why she'd more then likely left. Derek was just about to leave the room with Melissa, but Edward eagerly stopped him dead in his tracks from making it to the door in time.

"Derek I'd like to speak with you," he heard Edward say with a friendly but condescending tone in his voice.

He knew all to well that when Edward wanted to speak to him it was never a good thing and he simply was not in the mood. He'd already had a quarrel with Victoria, and he most certainly wasn't going to stick around and listen to the ramblings, of this senile old chauvinistic delinquent.

"Look I know you and I haven't always had the best relationship." He heard Edward confess.

If that isn't the understatement of the year.Derek thought forcing an insincere smile on his face.

Derek knew he had no intentions of ever seeing this man in a different light ever again. In his eyes, this man wasn't human - he was a monster. A wolf in sheep's clothing, and that's all he would ever be to him.

Derek watched his father in law approach him now.He noticed he was holding a whiskey glass in his hands. When he looked at the whiskey sitting in that man's glass he could feel it starting to stir up a profound distorted, emotion inside him. He would have been one hundred days sober today and seeing that whiskey was an enticement so great, he became appalled at himself for even considering the idea again. He had a wife and child to consider they were the most important aspects of his life, without them was nothing in this world.

He had to remind himself that whenever he got the sudden and unexpected urge to start up again, he knew how far he had come to get where he is today and why he lost everything because of turning to the bottle in the first place.

Derek remembered his dad once telling him when he was a young boy, that if you have thought that thought even if you have not committed and acted on your impulses, you have done it already even if it's only in the dark corners of your mind.