15| The Point Of No Return

It is a mistake to fancy that horror is associated inextricably with darkness, silence and solitude.
- H.P.Lovecraft

"Why are you answering my wife's phone?! Answer me you son of a bitch, where is my wife?!"

Derek was screaming so loudly, he was certain the neighbourhood could hear him.

There was an unsettling long lull of silence, before he heard the sound of the phone been violently slammed down on his ear.

"That motherfucker hung up on me..."Derek seethed to himself furiously.

He could feel the rage building up inside him.

He felt his legs begin to tremble, involuntary, his head began to spin; he wanted nothing more than to kill this son of a bitch for trying to steal his wife from him.

After taking my job, and now he's trying to make moves on my wife.

The audacity; the outrage...Derek thought through angry clenched teeth.

Suddenly everything seemed minuscule to him all he could see is getting his revenge; he was going to kill this man tonight and nothing or nobody would be able to stop him, only this time it was going to be no accident.

He bolted to the Jack Daniels, and tucked it under his T-shirt his hands were trembling, he felt as if he had no control of them anymore; as if he had been driven by some demonic force that he had no power over.

He knew he had to to get out of here, there was no way in hell he could wait here until dawn.

His eyes anxiously scanned the kitchen, he was looking for the sharpest knife he could find, an axe would have been suffice.

He knew the only place the old man would have kept an axe was in the tool shed.

Just as he was about to steer to the back door of the kitchen, he felt something cold brush up against his skin, forcing him to a slow and unsteady halt.

He turned around and saw that bitch standing in front of him, he could see from the vicinity of where he was standing that, she had a twisted smirk on her lips.

"Soon you will be mine!" She grinned evilly.

But Derek refused to listen to another word of this demented bitch's ramblings.

She isn't real... Derek told himself
She isn't real...she isn't-

"You can't run from me much longer!" She assured him overpowering his thoughts.

"I'm coming for you!"

Derek grabbed his head with both of his hands screaming as loudly as he could, carelessly dropping the bottle of Jack Daniels on the floor, he flinched at the sound of the bottle glass smashing to his feet.