17| When Darkness Falls

Expectation is the root of all heartache.
-William Shakespeare.

Warning: explicit content proceed with caution.

Before Derek could explain himself to Melissa, he felt something cold creeping up against his skin, he could feel that evil presence hovering over him, when he looked again he was now confronted with that, loathe some bitch grinning at him, reveal...

Before Derek could explain himself to Melissa, he felt something cold creeping up against his skin, he could feel that evil presence hovering over him, when he looked again he was now confronted with that, loathe some bitch grinning at him, revealing her hideous; razor-sharp teeth

Before he could try to get away from her, he was suddenly pushed. He felt the cold hard floor assault him as his body gave way to the ground. He could hear Melissa, screaming at him, to stop.

He's gone mad...She thought, choking on her own tears, as she watched Derek fight something that wasn't even there.

He was immediately pinned to the floor, as he tried desperately to push her off him. She sat on top of him, her bony; emaciated body crushing into his ribcage.

"Get off me!" He screamed at her.

But Derek's last desperate attempts to make her stop clawing into his chest with her hideous nails fell on deaf ears.

" What do you want from me?! Why are you doing this, to me?! You have already made me lose my wife and daughter, What more do you want from me?!" He cried out in tears.

Her face remained expressionless for a brief moment, she looked at him; her evil white eyes, burning into his, her lips suddenly forming into a crooked smile.

"I want you, Derek..." She said in a longing tone.

Before Derek could utter a single word, he felt the darkness sweep over him and the last thing he saw was her evil smirk and ghastly white eyes before he descended off.

_______________________

When Derek awoke, it felt as if he had just emerged from a coma. He had a throbbing headache, and wondered if him, passing out was from shock, or being knocked over the head with a hard, object.

He looked around the room, still trying to gather his composure, discovering he was no longer in Edwards, living room, he was now in a cold dark room with a toilet on the far end of the corner, which looked like it hadn't been cleaned in a year; the dried-up faeces stains clearly evident on the toilet seat, and the graffiti plastered on the wall above the toilet and it read in big bold letters.

THE KING WAS HERE.

All Derek had from where he was seated was nothing but a cold hard bed and prison bars that prevented him from seeing the other side of this dreadful room.

He closed his eyes and begged for it to be a nightmare; that when he awoke this would all be a bad dream and that he had Melissa and Holly right by his side again, but he knew this time it was far from a dream, it was sadly a reality one he was battling to come to terms with.