27| An Unexpected Visitor

Never give up on something you can't go a day without thinking about.
- Winston Churchill.

On her way back home to April's house, Melissa had intended on paying Mr

On her way back home to April's house, Melissa had intended on paying Mr. Steel a brief visit at the police station - right after she got out of these uncomfortable clothes, she'd been wearing since this morning.

She wanted to inform the lieutenant, about what took place at the church and hoped it would somehow, aid and assist, in strengthening Derek's case at proving his innocence.

The last thing she wanted was this leaking out to the press and causing a huge pandemonium on the news, so she kept her meeting with the lieutenant strictly confidential - which meant keeping a low profile from the publicity and tabloids for as long as she possibly could.

She disguised herself well, with a pair of oversized Chanel shades and a hat, before she would leave the house each day, toting a backpack over her shoulders, wherever she went. Up and until now, her variation of clever little disguises had been working, but Melissa knew that her luck would eventually run out.

Looking ahead of her now, she wondered if that day had come, when she noticed the traffic pile-up, of cars extending down the road, blocking her and several other cars behind her from moving forward. It had been the result of a broken down four-wheeler and a bus obstructing the main highway.

The cops had the whole place surrounded, just as she expected them to be and more of them were coming in by the drones.

She watched with assurance that she would be next as she saw every person being requested to remove themselves from their vehicles so each officer could conduct his routine stop and search procedures on anyone who just happened to be in the vicinity of them. There were roadblocks everywhere and police officers were either on foot or in their vehicles patrolling the area.

"Have you seen this man, ma'am?" asked one of the officers, who slowed Melissa down at the next stop street.

"My apologies for the inconvenience, madam - but this, here man is wanted by the police for several counts of murder, so we have been ordered to stop everyone driving through here."

He cleared his throat arduously, as if he had something hard lodged in his throat before continuing. " As ya can see in this picture. "He held a photograph of Derek in his hands, that was taken weeks before his arrest.

" As you can see in this picture," he started saying. "This man has black hair, hazel-green eyes, in his possible mid-late twenties, bout six foot tall, and is said to be armed and extremely dangerous. He was also seen with an elderly man and we have reason to believe he is this man's accomplice or he has taken him hostage."