Chapter Seven: Essence

I felt a sharp pain in my side and yelled out in pain. It was happening: my sinful body was rejecting the pregnancy and attempting to make me have a miscarriage.

I opted to lay down, trying not to cry. I prayed to whomever was my guardian angel before I died, hoping they would come to me, even though I gave up on my religion ages ago.

Suddenly there was a crash and a sad, battered-looking man fell in through the ceiling, screaming in surprise and absolute fear.

I watched him as he tripped to his feet and dusted himself off. He had light blue wings with clear cut marks in them, indicating that he had his wings clipped. His hair hung over one eye and was a nice red the color of flames with brown tips. He wore a redish vest over a black button-up shirt with the sleeves rolled up and high waisted black jeans. He didn't wear shoes.

He approached me, holding his hands up and looking annoyed. "Look, man, I dunno whatcha problem is, but I was fast asleep three minutes ago. Why'dya summon me?" He asked, cleaning a pair of glasses with a handkerchief before putting them on.

"Are you my guardian angel?" I asked, noting more and more details about him. He had stars for freckles and his eyes were just a bright blue ring on black.

"Holy shit. You're Alastor? Alastor Glass?" He asked. I nodded. "Yeah, I'm your guardian angel, but also your biggest fan!!"

I let my jaw drop. "I-I actually have fans? Wow...what's your name, mister?"

"Ma name Jeff." He said with his voice cracking. I tried not to laugh at that, because puberty was hell and I think he's still going through puberty.

"Hello, Jeff. How old are you?" I asked.

"I was seventeen when I died, but that was in 1950. I was born shortly after you died."

"How did you...?"

"Retain the knowledge that I was your guardian angel? One doesn't just forget th' mass carnage you caused. I had nightmares as a child because of it. And that's why I'm an insomniac... But anyways, nice t' meetcha." Jeff said, holding out a hand for me to shake. I shook it, squeezing when another pain hit me in the stomach.

Jeff raised his eyebrows. "Holy shit. You're in pain, aren't ya?"

"I would hope that much was evident, hmmmm?" I ground out.

"I'm gonna summon my friend, okay, I'm just gonna be over here." Jeff said, walking until he was a few feet away before stabbing the floor of the hotel lobby and making a pentagram before screaming at it in Russian. A small girl with dog-like pair of ears appeared in the pentagram, looking sleepy.

"What do you want? I had to leave Lily by herself at home with Heather and she's caught a cold, the poor thing. I didn't wanna leave her with Heather." The girl grumbled, her voice very quiet.

"Hello t' you too, Harlow. Anyways, you're better at medical shit than I am, so can you, um..." Jeff awkwardly gestured to me. Harlow looked at me, raising an eyebrow.

I smiled awkwardly, doing my best to avoid eye-contact as I whined in pain.

"Oh goodness, we can't have you in pain, you poor dear!" Harlow rushed forward, an ice pack in her hands.

I declined the ice pack, holding out my hand stubbornly. "No, no, miss, I don't want it."

"But-" Harlow was rudely interrupted by the front door being blown open by Vox, who was carrying Valentino over his shoulder like a sack of potatoes. My guardian angel and his friend backed into a corner, looking slightly alarmed.

Angel popped up behind the television demon, grinning in triumph.

"Guess who was screamin' the whole way here?" Angel screeched.

"Valentino." All of them collectively said.

"And to be fair, we did handcuff him and throw him in the trunk." Vox pointed out, grinning all the way across his screen.

"Great fucking job, bitches." I grunted as the pain continued. They scrambled foreword, looking a bit like a cork shooting out of a bottle. Vox threw Valentino down on the floor in front of me, looking concerned. Jeff and Harlow backed into one of the corners.

Valentino started to trash-talk me as he pulled a bottle full of thick red liquid out of his coat and put it in Angel's hand.

"You do know how you have to take it, right?" Valentino smirked. I stared at him, my mouth agape. Valentino slipped his coat off and took the bottle back from Angel and sauntered upstairs. "C'mon, Angel Dust, pick up your bitch and bring him upstairs, we got some work to do before he looses his kid."

Angel picked me up and led Valentino into his room. Valentino indicated the bed and Angel put me down as gently as he could.

"Take off your pants and underwear, old man, we have to put this up you." Valentino said, smirking. I snapped my fingers, making all the clothes on my lower body disappear and Valentino uncorked the bottle, rolling up his sleeves.

He dumped the bottle into my hole before inserting his fingers, muttering that he had to make sure it spread evenly and stayed up there. It felt strange having unfamiliar cold fingers up my ass instead of Angel's and I resisted the urge to fall into that haze of sex as best as I could, insisting to myself that this was like a prostrate exam and not sex.

When Valentino was done, he muttered that it would take around ten minutes to take the pain away and stabilize me and the kid before washing his hands in Angel's bathroom sink and leaving.

I kinda laid there, sleepy and pants-less for a few minutes before forcing myself to get up and put my clothes back on.