Chapter Eighty-Two: Oh Holy Nightmare

[Fae's point of view]

I sat with Alastor's mom, who was biting her nails and taking nervous glances at her son.

"Ma'am, are you alright?" I asked her quietly.

"I am fine right now, however. I'm worried for Alastor's safety and the safety of our families." Zoey admitted after swallowing thickly.

"Oh? Wanna do a tarot spread to try to find out what might happen? A trip to the astral plane? Protection jars?" I suggested.

"Let's try doing a spread first because that's what I'm most familiar with." She replied.

"Alright, let's get us into my parlor. I'll make us some tea and get out my tarot deck unless you wanna use yours?" I asked as I led her into Jeff and I's current residence on the estate grounds.

"I wanna use my own, but you can do a separate reading." She replied, sitting at the kitchen table after I threw a table cloth over it. I checked my jars when I got my candles out and two of them had turned black. They were Angel and Alastor's jars.

"Hey, Mrs Glass?" I called. "You might wanna see this." She came running and I picked up the steaming blackened jars with a pair of tongs.

"Oh dear..."

"This is bad, this is very very bad. I'm going to make more jars after I bury these and release them. Someone tried to curse Alastor and Angel." I said with a wobbly voice as I flipped through my grimoire and book of shadows for the releasing spell to put on cursed jars.

"They a bastard, whoever done it." Zoey said with startling calmness in sharp contrast to her lively nature as she put the candles on the table and lit them. I nodded in agreement as she started her meditation before doing the spread. I ran out to the garden and dug two holes, putting the jars in the holes before chanting at them and covering them in dirt and marking them each with a rock for now.

I ran back inside and started making two more jars for Al and Angel, filling them with rosemary smoke before throwing in some salt and herbs before putting the rocks and minerals that best represented the couple. I sealed them with wax and put them up on the shelf with all the other protection jars, using sage around the area and cleansing.

"Oh dear sWEET MOTHER OF GOD. Cupid, why." I asked as the deity appeared next to me.

"Someone still hurting from a breakup with Alastor is coming for them. The children are gonna get hurt and so is everyone else close to you and your fiancé if you don't shut down this person who hates Alastor so much." Cupid told me as he lit his own candle just by looking at it.

"Can you clue me in on what they might look like?" I asked as I put an offering of a sliced apple drizzled in honey on his offering plate.

"I can't really see much about them, but they are built like Captain Fucking America and I see a lot of greens in the center of a red aura." Cupid said, biting into the apple slices.

"Thank you, Cupid. I'll make sure to get some more eggs tomorrow for the breakfast offering." I thanked the lazy deity who resembled my ideal man(Jeff).

"Aw fuck yes. See you later, Fae, Psyche is calling me. Do you mind if I take the plate with me?" He asked.

"Go ahead. It's your offering plate. But if it isn't back by morning with the strong smell of lavender hanging around your alter, you aren't getting an omelette tomorrow." I warned.

"Okay, I hear ya loud and clear. Thanks." He disappeared with the plate to go talk to his wife.

I marched into the kitchen as Zoey put her cards back into her handbag and sighed heavily with dread.

"That was Cupid. He told me that a person still hurting from a breakup with Alastor is coming for your family and my family because we're connected. He described them vaguely, but he said the person was built like Captain America and his shape was green." I informed her as I started to make tea.

"Oh no. Not him." Zoey muttered vaguely, looking like she was about to get hit by a truck.