Chapter Ninety-Six: Done and Done

~Angel Dust's point of view~

I whined as I covered my ears. Alastor was fighting viciously with Daniel's more angry half and I could tell he was hurt once again, hit by a powerful curse that was temporary.

I decided to focus on something else.

Daniel blew a heart of cigarette smoke at Niffty as a way of softly flirting with her. Niffty smiled back, her brow twisted with worry. Husk sat there, completely zoned out as they curled against their little wife. Daniel was well aware that this was a very open relationship between Niffty and Husk and that both were okay with going out to find other partners. He chose to get Husk's attention by throwing a Queen of Hearts playing card at the cat demon. He was flirting with the very casual couple and both of them were quite alright with that, even enjoying it.

Husk made room between themselves and Niffty for Daniel and invited him over gently, moving a single claw. Daniel scooted over between the pair and settled happily between them.

I focused back on Alastor.

He was yelling at Daniel's angry half, telling it that he was not trying to hurt Daniel as a whole, but he had to get Daniel away from him in the afterlife because he cared too much and he was way to dangerous.

"I WANT TO KEEP DANIEL SAFE, YA FUCKIN' BASTARD. YOU JUST HOPPED A RIDE AND GOT ATTACHED, YOU GHOSTY MOTHERFUCKER. YOU, IF ANYTHING, ARE PUTTING DANIEL IN DANGER. LEAVE. DO IT. THIS IS NOT YOUR LAND." Alastor bellowed. Husk snickered slightly.

"Vine reference." They muttered to Niffty. Niffty chuckled slightly.

"GOOD DAY, SIR." I heard Alastor fly at Daniel's body once more and a thud resounded through the ground. An unholy screeching sound emerged.

Alastor came back inside after limping around the grounds with sage lit. He smelled of smoke, burnt flesh, sage, and tabasco, and he had a limp and was clutching his ribs, but he was smiling like a child on Christmas nonetheless.

"It's done. Daniel, you can take back your body now, if you want." Alastor said, smiling at his ex from over my shoulder before his eyes met mine. "Angel, I may or may not have run out of healing potion before my lung was punctured, please get me to the hospital or something."

I laughed a little bit as he smiled sheepishly before sweeping him into my arms and into the minivan. He was laughing through coughs of blood as we drove to the hospital and I was pleased that he had dealt with something that had been making him anxious for months.

"By the way...shouldn't Fae be back with Jeff by now?" Alastor asked as we pulled into the parking lot.

"Not that I'm aware. Heaven's a disaster in my mom's experience." I told him as I picked him up out of the passenger seat. "So much corruption..."

"Oh, I hope they're alright." Alastor said softly.

"I do too, dear." I told him.

"Thank you, Princess." Alastor said, coming up with a new nickname for me. I contemplated that for a moment.

"I like that nickname, let's keep it."