Chapter Twenty-One: Sleep, Bitch, and Let Me Plan Something.

"Alright, Alastor, I'm gonna go plan the wedding with my sister." Angel said, standing up and making his way to the door. I squinted at him irritatedly before appearing in front of the door.

"I think the fuck not, darling. Let me do this. You did the baby shower, so may I plan the wedding? Please?" I pleaded with him.

"No, I already have an idea." Angel said, waving me off.

"So do I! Please, Angel, let me do this." I retorted before begging.

"It's probably more half-assed than mine." Angel said, raising his eyebrows.

"How rude, Anthony. I have sketches and designs and flower arrangements and the set up already drawn out. What do you have, hmmmm?" I said angrily.

Angel went silent for several heartbeats. "Admittedly so much less than that. Fine. Go ahead and plan the wedding. I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with." Angel grumbled, surrendering. I patted his cheeks.

"I love you so much, you stupid spider." I said, picking up Mercy off the floor where she was crawling around, searching for the scattered blocks that she accidentally knocked over.

Mercy was two months old and army crawling around already (I know, it's hard to believe, but deer and spiders learn how to walk just days after they've been born, so this is right on time for crawling because she has human features as well as deer and spider), so it was hard to keep her out of things she wasn't supposed to be in at all.

"I'm gonna take Mercy to hang out with us at Rosie's because...well... why not? They love her so much anyways." I said quietly as I picked up my folder of sketches. "You can hang out with Husker, Vaggie, and Charlie if you want, but I suggest sleep because I know you haven't slept since...four days ago? Get some goddamn sleep." I sighed.

"I already had coffee today, Al." Angel complained.

"It will run out in three hours. Get some sleep. I'm the one that can run on two hours of sleep, you however...no, it's not gonna happen." I said, kissing him goodbye and disappearing from my apartment and reappearing in Rosie's upstairs apartment.

"Hi, kid." Jeff greeted me without looking up at me from his phone.

"Hey, Jeff. Wanna hold Mercy?" I asked.

"Give child." Jeff said, holding out his hands excitedly.

"Here you go." I said, depositing my daughter in his hands. Jeff started to speak nonsensical sentences to her, using only the most real words instead of baby talk.

I smiled. Between him, me, and Angel, I was the one who talked in full, grammatically correct sentences to her. Jeff was the one with real words in bizarre patterns. Angel just baby-talked to her.

Molly walked into the room and did a double take when she saw me sitting on the floor instead of Angel before seeing the folder.

"Oh hi, Al. Is the folder full of ideas?" Molly asked, sitting next to me on the floor.

"You bet it is, my dear. I had more of a fully-generated idea than Angel did, so I'm here instead of him." I said, opening my folder. "I was thinking a wedding where we're all dressed like we're in the Italian mafia. Mostly because Angel proposed to me while dressed like the white version of Arackniss. That's where this idea came from."

Molly tried to hold back laughter as she started to imagine an albino, tall version of Arackniss.

"Okay, go on, I like where this is going." Molly said, giggling.

"Oh good, I didn't think I would get this far. Um...here's a rough sketch of Angel's outfit for the wedding." I said, showing her a page. She peered at the suit/dress combo that I invented in my brain, trying to make out where the lines were.

"You are a lousy artist, holy shit." Molly complained, handing the page to Jeff to have him interpret the lines. Jeff put Mercy down on the ground, grabbing his tablet and the page, moving my idea onto the screen in a neater way.

"Well, I'm sorry, I didn't expect to come here to get absolutely roasted." I retorted playfully. Molly punched me lightly in the arm, grinning from ear to ear. We watched Jeff transfer the sketch of the dress/suit I made for Angel.

He did that for a while before presenting us with the neater version.

"That's beautiful, Al, is that dress what you meant?" Molly asked. I nodded.

"Yep. I'm especially glad that we had Jeff here because he can read my mind so much better than everyone else can for some reason." I grinned.

"What colors do you want?" Jeff asked, hovering the stylus over the screen. I started to instruct him on the coloring and Molly went and got Rosie, who is admittedly the best seamstress we know. Rosie started to invent the patterns required to make the dress before asking me to get Angel in tomorrow to update his measurements so that the dress fits exactly right. I agreed, telling her to keep it all extremely secret to surprise him.

"Really, Alastor Darlink? You zink zat I vouldn't keep zis secret? You need to trust moi more, darlink." Rosie reassured me in her thick French accent. I smiled nervously at her, hoping that she would be nice to my spider when she took his measurements.

Jeff transferred and printed out the rest of my sketches and handed copies to me and Rosie, telling us that this was the only packet he was gonna give us before stretching out his arms and picking up Mercy from where she was playing with my microphone and babbling to her grandmother(Mother was happily singing to her through her radio).

I then addressed my mom cheerfully. "And that wraps up Little Miss Mercy's first broadcast, I hope you enjoyed, dear viewer!" I exclaimed in my talk show voice.

"That was lovely, my dear, and I hope to hear more from her on future occasions." My mom praised my daughter.

"Mercy says thank you for your attention and she hopes you had a wonderful day, Momma. I wish the same to you." I said happily.