Chapter Fifty-Two: Valerie

~Angel Dust's point of view~

Alastor has been gone for a solid five hours. I am very concerned because he's normally very quick at this type of thing.

"Alright, fuck it. Calypso, Fae, Jeff, Husk, Stitches, get in the fucking truck. I'm going to Vox's manor and I ain't letting any of y'all here in my house with me not around." I said, putting on my flip flops.

Jeff sighed, grabbing his keys before going nyoom to his truck with his foster daughter on his shoulders and Fae chasing him. Husk flapped their wings indignantly as I held them above my head and Stitches under my second arm down on the right and charged at the front door as it was closing, managing to get out before it was shut. I locked the door before charging at the Excursion and yeeting myself in the back with Husk and Stitches.

When we finished our drive I sprinted up to the door and knocked loudly which screeching dingdong.

"You, sir, are a chaotic good with chaotic evil attributes." Husk grumbled as they watched the door open to reveal Vox.

"Hey, Vox, I'm here to rescue Al." I said loudly.

"Alastor is not in any danger at all, he's only taking care of the bitch." Vox said with a very tired tone of voice.

"Oh. Sorry. Jeff, I'm losing confidence, can you go upstairs and check on Alastor?" I asked.

"I take it back, he's a chaotic dumbass." Husk grumbled before starting up the stairs. Jeff followed, his wings flapping slightly as he ascended purely out of instinct. The rest of us watched from the bottom as Jeff turned the handle and wandered into Val's room cautiously. Husk watched from the doorway and nodded at us when Jeff had confirmed that Al was indeed, very safe with Mercy and Val before they slinked into the room. I ran upstairs to see what they were doing, Stitches on my shoulders.

Alastor was peacefully braiding the surprisingly long dark hair that grew on Val's head as Val showed Mercy some outfits he wanted on his phone.

"Oh hello, Angel~" Alastor hummed evenly as he finished the braid and put a hair tie at the end.

"Hey, Strawberry. Are you having fun?" I asked, kissing him on the forehead. Stitches got down from me and joined his sister on the bed.

"I am having such fun with Valerie here." Alastor laughed. Val bit back a laugh at the sound of the name. "She was in much worse shape before I came here and I am quite glad I got to help clean her up otherwise I wouldn't've had that very enlightening talk with her."

Husk immediately got what Al meant and snickered, giving Val the finger guns. Jeff covered his face a little and muttered "we stan a trans sister" under his breath.

"OH! Ohhhh...okay, wow. Let's just introduce ourselves to each other again, okay, Val, just...a clean slate, okay?" I asked. Val turned herself on the bed and nodded at me a little. "I'm Angel Dust or Anthony Aracane-Glass. I go by he/him pronouns." I said, thrusting out my hand for a handshake.

"I'm Valerie. I go by she/her pronouns." Val said, shaking my hand hesitantly. I turned her hand a little and planted a kiss on her knuckles.

"Nice to meetcha, Valerie." I said with a smile.

"It's nice to meet you too, Angel." Valerie said and suddenly, I didn't care about our past together and I didn't see her as my old boss, I just saw her as just a confused teenage girl in the body of a forty-year-old man's body.

Jeff held out his hand and introduced himself awkwardly before laughing and saying that he could help her with getting the hormones she wanted because his man was a doctor.

Fae fucking marched in on cue and wrapped his arms around his tall, thin disaster of a man and said "I am his man." to Valerie with a dead face, causing Valerie to run a hand down her neck and apologize.

"No, no, sweetheart, that was five years ago, don't worry about it." Fae protested guiltily.

Valerie looked so soft and sweet and sad now that she wasn't constantly angry at the world and we clearly didn't know how to react to such a thing.

"Welcome to the goddamn family, Valerie, if you wanna see us all, we'll be in the nut house." Husk said sarcastically, causing Alastor's laugh to ring out.

"They're not wrong, but they're also not right about that." Jeff snickered.