Chapter Ninety-Five: Wings

X-Vaggie's point of view-X

I forgot how absolutely chaotic it was to share a body with my cousin of a different class. Jeff and I have done this before, but it was because we were trying to see if we could still fuse. Now, we're fighting over which way is the proper way to get back into the colosseum behind the mask of my armor.

Jeff insisted that it was the way the guardian class took because it was faster, but I was resolutely insisting that it was the way the warrior class took because that would make more sense in my fucking body.

I stubbornly forced us through the warrior class entrance and up into the trophy room where his wings had been placed. Jeff celebrated loudly in my head and he walked us forward, making my fingers brush his well-kept wings that were just healing from when they were clipped over ninety years ago. They were beautiful things, their brilliant shade of sky blue dulling from the many many hours of not being attached to Jeff's body, yet their long powerful feathers were still as soft as ever.

"Ready? They're quite heavy." Jeff asked, taking hold of the ropes that bound the wings.

"As I'll ever be..." I sighed. Jeff used my body to hoist the large wings off the mount, my body buckling under the weight. It set off fucking alarms. Jeff conjured a bag big enough for the wings and grimaced as he stuffed them in, apologizing to his limbs over and over under his breath.

"Why can't anything be easy as it seems..." Jeff sighed as he walked us quickly down the many corridors and out the door with the wings hidden in a burlap bag. The royal guards came running towards the trophy room as we left and we ran back to the apartment with the bag of wings before they came after us.

We got up the stairs and into the apartment, slamming the door behind us. The wings were a heavy, large package, but I held them to my chest anyways as I settled my body down next to Jeff's body on the futon. I took Jeff's hand and Jeff left my body, causing his body to inhale deeply and suddenly. He sat up like a zombie, his chest coming up before his head did.

"Jeff, you never cease to amaze and confuse me." Fae muttered from the table as Jeff got up off the futon, grabbing the crutch and approaching Fae excitedly.

"Fae! We got the wings! We can go now!" Jeff said, indicating the wings in my lap as he rested his elbows on Fae's shoulders.

"Jeff, I can't drive in the dark. We're staying overnight one more time." Fae sighed, standing up and gently resting his hands on Jeff's thin hips. Jeff sighed and whined with frustration. "You're acting like a child, honey, even Nathan is more mature than how you're acting and he's two in a little." Fae said, kissing Jeff on the cheek.

"But I don't like it here and I want to see my babies." Jeff complained quietly.

"I know, dear, I know. Is everything packed?" Fae asked. My cousin shook his head and Fae hoisted Jeff onto his back in a piggyback ride before making his way over to where Jeff pointed.

It was the closet. Fae dumped all of the contents out on the floor, scooting it over to the couch so he could put down Jeff and sort through his things.