Chapter Fifty-Nine: An Alarming Set of Dreams

I fell into a deep sleep, deeper than normal. It was very dark...until...

A face appeared in my dream. It was very familiar to me, with the blond hair that stood up in interesting directions and the piercing green eyes on pale skin.

"C'mon, Alastor, we don't wanna be late for our gig tonight!" He exclaimed as he attempted to straighten his bowtie.

Ah...it's the night I died... I thought, dumbfounded as my line of vision altered so I could see my human self in the mirror.

"Yes, dear, I'm hurrying, calm down." I hummed as my old hands adjusted my hair and glasses.

During the gig, I had sung with my ex cheerfully, causing the audience to cheer.

After the music ended and my ex and I received a standing ovation, we went home and shortly after, I went out to find my next victim.

That time it was a very intoxicated woman about twenty years old and I had gotten her all tied up and in my basement when I heard footsteps on the stairs to the basement.

"Daniel? What are you doing up so late?" I asked when the blonde's face came into view.

"There he is, officer." Daniel whispered up the stairs and I felt the sting of betrayal and fear strike my heartstrings again as a cop came into view and aimed a gun at me. I froze, my mouth agape as I stared at Daniel and the knife slipped out of my hand, landing on the concrete floor with a clang.

Daniel saw the look on my face and jumped in front of the bullet, giving me time to make a run for it.

I took the chance, racing into the forest before getting shot in the side and falling to the ground. A pack of hunting dogs came running and they attacked me, tearing my flesh while the hunter they belonged to looked on in horror and fear before mustering enough courage to shoot me right in the head and put me out of my misery.

I sat bolt upright in a cold sweat, panting and gasping as tears started in my eyes.

I felt the bullet mark on my forehead, my hand coming away with blood.

"Shit." I stumbled out of bed and hurried to the bathroom with a hand firmly clasped against my old wound. I frantically grabbed a washcloth and stumbled down the stairs to the get to the main phone in the house.

I called Fae and Jeff's little home on our property and Fae picked up, yawning a hello.

"Fae, I just woke up and I am bleeding from one of my old wounds." I said, looking down at the rest of my body. "Scratch that, all of my wounds. Can you hurry here please?" The line went dead and I collapsed against the wall, struggling to stay awake and breathing as dread filled me.

I woke again to find myself back in bed, no bandages or bleeding on my figure and Angel was gone. In his place was a pastel green man with four horns, pale hair, and pale green eyes who was staring directly at me. I screamed and flew off the bed, shaking horribly when I realized it was Daniel, my ex, the traitor. Daniel creeped off the bed after me, chasing me as I ran away from him as fast as I could.

"Oh dear, oh dear, fuck..." I mumbled as I sprinted down the street and knocked on the door of Rosie's Boutique frantically, only to get caught by Daniel. He dragged me into an alleyway near the Boutique and threw me into a corner.

"Listen, Alastor. I'm not gonna hurt-" Daniel started. I interrupted him with my frightened whines and he slapped me. "Listen, I'm not gonna hurt you, I'm just gonna bash your brains on the pavement because you aren't listening to what I'm saying. I...LOVE you, Alastor, and now you have to pay the price for your sins against me."

I was petrified. He was bigger than I was when we were alive and now he's brawny and shorter than me.

I let out a sharp scream when I heard Lily's hesitant calls of "who's there" and she came racing around the corner as Daniel grabbed my head and lifted me in the air.

"Lily, please, help me." I begged when my body came in contact with the concrete. "Please, please don't let him kill me..."

SMASH

My ears rang as I slowly lost consciousness. The last thing I saw was Lily screaming her battle cry and her hands glowing red as she attacked the man.

I woke again to find Angel shaking my arms with concern. I blinked at him with worry about what nightmare was going to happen now. He looked concerned.

"Al, are you doing okay? You're white as a ghost and you were muttering pleas for help over and over again. Mercy tried to calm you down, but you were too scared for her to do a damn thing." Angel explained, tucking me into a hug.

"Is this real life?" I asked, my eyes trailing the walls and Mercy's huddled figure in the corner.

"Yes, it is, Al. Do you wanna talk about your dreams?" Angel asked, rubbing circles in my palm surrounding my little white heart tattoo. I nodded slowly.

"Maybe later, when Jeff is here because he's familiar with these concepts and he did have nightmares all through his human life too." I agreed.

I just hope those weren't prophetic dreams like the other vivid dreams I've had.