Chapter 16 - Mike

I chuckle to myself. Lorraine Kim Wright. I look at her resume background from the HR. She looks so young and pretty in the picture. Her background isn't the best one, but she never goes without a job. Hard working woman. The more I know her the more I like her.

I can't wait to see her meet my family. This will be a great show. I know it's too fast for her to meet my family. But my mom kept pressing me to go to the family gathering with one of her friend's daughters. I don't even know that woman. It's better to go with Rainey and see her accept all the challenges from my family. Outbound race, sailing and swimming, and all crazy activity from The Andersons. Will she be the girl that's going to scream from the first minute till the last minute? Or will she be like Xena the Warrior Princess who will nail all the races better than most of the guys? My money bet on the first one. Not that I look down on her, but her body is too petite to be that athletic.

I look at my watch. I have to go to the meeting room now. I bring my stuff and walk out the door. Rainey's panties still in my pocket. Call me freak I don't care. I love her smell. Definitely freak!

Rainey is still busy with her computer, she doesn't even look at me. If Brenda was busy drooling over Christian Hall and Zac Efron's pictures, Rainey is busy with all the leftover from Brenda. I come to her and steal a kiss from her cheek. She squeaks and jumps.

"Jesus Mike!" she hisses. I grin at her. She is so cute when she is angry. Her attitude in the bed and in the office is like water and fire. If in the bed she loves to follow whatever command I give her, in the office she stands proud with her two feet and go to hell with everyone who try to fuck with her.

"I'm going to the meeting room now. See you sweetheart" I say

She glares at me "are you always doing this to all your executive assistants?" she says in lower voice.

I grin "just the one I like the most" I wink and go. I can see her face flush.

***

Finally Friday night! I lay down on my bed. Tomorrow I will have a full weekend with Rainey. This week both of us are busy, and I didn't see much of her except when she worked at Monty.

I look at my cell phone. 9pm. I call Rainey.

"Hello?" Comes her soft voice.

"Ready for tomorrow sweetheart?"

"Um... Mike, actually I just want to call you. Are you sure I should come with you? I mean, we're just coworkers" damn! If people said it sucks in the friendzone. I would say it sucks in the coworkerzone.

"Yes, you should come because my mom is so excited to meet you" it's true, my mom texted me every night to make sure Rainey comes this weekend.

"What?" She squeaks.

I chuckle "look Rainey. I know my mom is a little bit too much, but you have to tolerate her. This is the first time I bring a girl to meet her"

"And it's fake" she says weakly. "I feel bad for your mom, Mike" her voice full of concern and that brings a smile to my face. She cares for my mom, someone she hasn't met and actually forces her to come to the family event.

"That's why you have to come, Rainey."

"But what will happen when she finds out this is just a facade, Mike?"

"Don't let her find out, then. that's why we need to pretend like a lovely couple."

"what?" she sounds surprised. "I can't. how?"

"well, we've been looking at that right? Just pretend like Meredith and Christian or Mads and Ethan"

"what? you mean kissing like there is no one else in this world? I can't do that with you Mike"